cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Problems

ricointheuk

New Customer Problems

Hi All Smiley
I signed up for Plusnet(PN) home phone and broadband on the 30/04/2010. These services are for my new house, which I'm currently not living in while it is renovated . On the 11/05/2010 I phoned customer services(CS) as I had heard nothing and the progress page on the website had not moved.
The CS advisor looked at my account and said that there was an issue and someone would phone me back within 25mins. No call was returned but I did receive an email detailing that my home phone service was now active and ready to use. The next morning when I arrived at the house I tested the phone and it was not working.
I phoned CS again(11/05/2010 and had the usual rigmarole to follow of unplugging everything, using the master socket etc. No fix was found and a ticket was raised for it to be checked by PN/BT.
My concerns/history. When I received the keys for the new house I went to the phone that the last owner had conveniently left and dialled 17070 to get the line details so I could sign up for the PN services. The line had and still has a dial tone but you get "Number not recognised" message when you try and dial out and no calls can be received. If you dial the number to call the line you get an error warble tone. To me with the 17070 working the line is ok and just has no service attached to it since the previous owner cancelled his services.
Although I received an email telling me the phone line was ready to use, which it's not. The home phone control panel on the website is still not set up as it says the order is still being processed. Why the mismatch in info?
In theory from my last CS call, PN / BT will look in to the issue. In the initial sign up online I was asked if I had a master socket, which I don't.  I ticked something and possibly even paid something for PN/BT to come and fit a master socket. No call or appointment made with me(from memory, could be wrong)
Where this leaves me with the broadband being connected is likely to be an issue also as part of PN thinks my line is working but they have not set up my home phone control page on the website and the broadband service progress web page has not moved. In my experience when things start to go wrong things just cascade.
Hopefully I hear shortly from PN/BT that the phone line issue is resolved and my web home phone control works and I can then start chasing up the broadband activation. If any one reads this with any authority / ability and could take charge of the situation, it would be appreciated.  Wink
r

5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: New Customer Problems

Hi there,
Firstly I'm really sorry for the confusion caused so far.
Your order is due to complete tomorrow. No engineer is required as our suppliers have checked and found a stopped line that can be restarted (as in the routing is complete, which you know as you have a dial tone).
I've refunded the install for you, as starting a stopped line is free. Please see your ticket for confirmation of this.
ricointheuk

Thank you Mand for the quick response / clear info on the issue / refund of the fee that was not required Smiley
I have now tested the phone line and it works.
1. My online home phone control panel is still not set up. Is there a delay between the phone line becoming active and the account creation?
2. My broadband order status page has not moved, which I presume is being held up by the phone line / account creation.
Should I wait to see if it sorts it self by the end of the day or start another ticket?
Thank you  Wink
r
[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rico,
1) Yes, there is - it's about 24 hours IIRC.
2) Yes that's exactly what's holding it up, however as soon as the system activates the phone component on your account the broadband order will be placed automatically.
Hope that helps,
ricointheuk

Thank you for the reply Matt Smiley 
I look forward to the account being set up and the broadband order following this.  Smiley
r
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

ricointheuk,
Thanks, I'll certainly pass your gratitude on to Matt.
I've just run a check on your order and can see that we raised a broadband order on the 15th which is due to go through on the 24th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team