cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really slllllooowww after 4pm...anyone else

simplesimey

Really slllllooowww after 4pm...anyone else

Have just put a ticket in as my plusnet value broadband speed is about 6MB (really good) up to 3:59pm and at 4:01pm goes down  to about 100 - 200 KB .... this makes loading a plus.net support page for example takeing more than a minute....  My flatmate has reverted back to using a dongle on his Mac i.e unusable! Just checking if this is others experience so I know if its not just me? Please bear in mind the support team may have an answer if just me....  Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
paulpicks21
Grafter

Re: Really slllllooowww after 4pm...anyone else

Mine seems fine , stays the same speed at all times.
Perhaps some trouble with your local exchange?
Paul.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

find your exchange here and see if it has an issue.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
simplesimey

I thanks for replies and feel a bit more confident can be resolved. I noticed it was slow on monday pm (could have been slow before this) and have been working at home this week and doing regular speed tests and at 4:00pm speed just falls of cliff....checked exchange and no reported probs ....
paulpicks21
Grafter

Are you sure your wireless router is secured?
Perhaps at 4pm every kid on your road gets home from school and piggybacks onto your router to play xbox or playstation  Grin
simplesimey

don't think kids are that reliable to get online at 3:59:59 ... Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

simplesimey,
I've checked your exchange status and this is flagged as green at the moment so contention may not be the issue. Theres nothing in the way of traffic management that should impact you here either. As things stand I can see that you have performed a BT speed test for us, could I please ask you to check this at 4pm today and perform another test for us? I only ask as the first tests only highlights a slight drop in throughput speeds.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team