cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Extremely Confused.com.......

v70ben
Grafter

New Customer - Extremely Confused.com.......

Oh God....
I'm sat here wondering if I've made a huge mistake - and hoping I havent.

I called the sales team on Tuesday morning to arrange having a Home phone line and Broadband with yourselves.

Got a nice bloke called Kevin on the phone.
Went through a lot of stuff, I'm a techie and don't worry about much normally - I advised him I had looked into the services I wanted, and told him I wanted the Home Phone with Talk Anytime and also Premium Broadband and that I'd also take the Wireless Modem and the contract.
We then discussed payments etc and I gave him my Maestro card details, he informed me that the cost was IIRC about £35 for my initial payment - quite happy and I did mention that there was a chance that my card may not go through and if not I'd try another as I have two current accounts and shuffle monies about.
He then tells me that the payment has been authorised and gone through, and even quips about the fact that I clearly have more money than I think Smiley We then go through the Direct Debit details etc and finalise the call after some more bits and bobs.
All sorted easily and I was happy.
Till I get home............ Roll_eyes
I check my emails to find a shed load from Plusnet regarding Questions on my account..... On looking at them I'm slightly concerned that the notes from Kev say that I need to be upgraded to Premium as I changed my mind at the last minute... Did I buggery.
Not only that, on looking at my account I see no payments, and see a DD waiting for Authorisation.
I decide to not only comment on the question confirming the package I've requested from the get go.... and also try to call the next day.
I get told by CS in Durban (I assume given accent) that my payment on the hasn't been done, despite being told to the contrary - and that when my line goes active/broadband goes active I will be getting billed.
Why was I told to the contrary by Kev that it's all been authorised etc, when it hasn't gone through my bank either yet.... Why is my account not showing it and what the hell is going on?
Can someone actually explain it - I struggled, and so did CS to even understand my concerns.
20 REPLIES 20
v70ben
Grafter

Re: New Customer - Extremely Confused.com.......

Well, an update.....
The phone line has gone live Smiley (It was apparently stopped and not disconnected/ceased)
PN's status hasn't changed about that yet though Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it takes about five days to set up the DD, that is why the initial payment by card speed things up, so could be further on than you think
v70ben
Grafter

Well it looks like things are moving, still mightily confused about why the sales guy took my card - the details have mysteriously gone from my account page as well now?
I'm sure that's something to do with me giving him a Maestro Card details, but why they were there and have now gone confuses me  Cheesy I've seen the bit about PN not taking Switch/Maestro for recurring payments - fine by me...  still I wonder though why they've just "gone"    Roll_eyes

I need to get my billing date changed as well - a billing date of the 20th is not good for me, considering I get paid two days after that  Roll_eyes But I've seen I'll have to raise a job for it....
Never mind, I'm at stage one - I now have a working phone line  Wink Cheesy Just got to get working BB on it next - which looking at the 2 core 1960's cable coming from the BT junction box at the top of the house... may be fun  Roll_eyes .
Mand
Grafter

Re:New Customer - Extremely Confused.com.......

Hi there,
Welcome to Plusnet, and the Community. Smiley
Looks like everything is set up and working for you now. Smiley
v70ben
Grafter

You are correct, everything is up working and running very well Smiley
I meant to respond on here earlier.
My line was sync'd and live to BT test and to the plusnet test on Saturday night at 10pm ish - so I made a call to the nice support team, who activated my account without a whimper of complaint and hey presto - all sorted Smiley
I'm that impressed, on Sunday morning when the Mother-In-Law rang to complain about her Post Office Broadband...... I spoke to the PO guys most of the morning trying to make sense of the mess they'd caused....
To ultimately find,after a lot of big porky telling by them - that she'd rang to ask for a wireless router... so they sold her an "upgrade" to their broadband extra (she already had PO Broadband)..... and promptly ceased her ADSL service - it so transpires that they do that as a matter of course and then do a reprovide  Roll_eyes problem is... they couldn't get the re-provide through their system  Roll_eyes
Needless to say... I wasn't impressed as they'd spent the morning lying - and as it was the nice cancellations man who made sense of it - I really needed to clear up what the position was re MAC codes etc... and I was told she was out of contract, and as they'd ceased it I didn't need the MAC code...
Lo and behold - the MiL is now a new customer of Plus Net Wink
I'd just like to add, after all the initial confusion over my account - I'm absolutely and utterly impressed with the service provided - I mean... Could I ring BT up and have them activate my account early just on my say so? - God no  Grin It would be "Computer says no" or "not my department" or "You shouldn't do that" as it always does at BT. (I'm sure they'd say that about the firmware bust that I did to the homehub so I could get connected till my new router turns up from PN  Wink )
Thank you Smiley
Dick:quote

pierre_pierre
Grafter

get your MIL name down as a referral and you will get a £0.25 per month discount of your bill, it has to be done from her account to say you did it
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear you're enjoying the service so far.
As pierre has said, make sure you're logged as a referral for your MiL's service.
v70ben
Grafter

I'm down on her account as the referrer (according to the CSC note on her account).

More interesting......... I've asked about my bill - taking a DD 2 days before I get paid  (get paid on ish the 23rd ) is not clever...  Sad
Dear Mr lewis,
Unfortunately on our newer products (including your Plusnet Premium package) we do not have the facility to change billing dates, as this causing all kinds of errors with your billing. This is being looked into however and we hope to have that resolved in the near future.

You ARE having a bleeping larf ain't cha?  Roll_eyes
I've read elsewhere on the forums that it can indeed be done - and I'm very sorry - but if my bills can be "pro-rata'd" in the first instance... whats wrong with doing it again?......
The english is smashing - do I have errors with my billing then>?
dick:quote

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm sure I saw a post elsewhere that there is a complication on some of the newer account types that changing the billing dates is more complicated. If you are not on Unlimited, adjusting the transfer allowance to account for the longer month may well be practically impossible so you'd end up with the same allowance for the extra days (probably not an issue if you never go near your allowance).
At times the billing system doesn't seem to be as robust as it might be and I'd be worried that fiddling with the date might cause complications (e.g. you could be billed twice) - if you can possibly manage, my advice would be to leave well alone.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
paulby
Grafter

It can be done - you'll need to raise a ticket & PM Mand the ticket no. though - see her reply (#6) in this thread.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That's the post I was thinking of - thanks.
I'd trust Mand to get it right, but I'm not sure I'd be happy with an ordinary CSC agent attempting it!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
v70ben
Grafter

Quote from: Paul03
It can be done - you'll need to raise a ticket & PM Mand the ticket no. though - see her reply (#6) in this thread.

I'd got the ticket raised.
I've just PM'd her
Oh the joy of learning new things and processes  Grin
Got to say, this forum is invaluable and Plus.Net have to be commended on it Wink
Can't see any big issues tbh... I'm not gonna hit 80Gb if I try and I'm on talk anytime too.
Mand
Grafter

I'll get a look at it (and the couple of other requests I have for the same) this afternoon. Smiley
v70ben
Grafter

Oh dear....
My latest bill seemed EXCEPTIONALLY HIGH!
Little wonder  Roll_eyes

1   Talk Anytime Line Rent charge for the period 20-12-2009 to 19-01-2010   £9.52   £1.43   £10.95

1 Premium charge for the period 20-12-2009 to 19-01-2010 £10.43 £1.56 £11.99
1 Call charge for the period to 23/12/2009 £2.59 £0.39 £2.98
1 Talk Anytime Line Rent charge for the period 23-12-2009 to 22-01-2010 £9.52 £1.43 £10.95

1 Call Plan charge for the period 23-12-2009 to 22-01-2010 £4.35 £0.65 £5.00
1 Caller Display charge for the period 23-12-2009 to 22-01-2010 £0.86 £0.13 £0.99
1 Special Offer Discount -£3.37 -£0.50 -£3.87
Net Amount £33.90
VAT Amount @ 15% £5.09
Invoice Total £38.99

Now I KNOW that I DONT have two phone lines....  Cheesy
This Direct Debit had best not be taken, in fact - I'm going to cancel it if I haven't had confirmation that the amount taken will be for the correct amount....

Ticket raised :
ID: 31323893
dick:quote