cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer. Already not happy.

Yesthenmitch

New Customer. Already not happy.

So I've been with plusnet for years and always used them in my previous places where I have lived and even recommended to friends and family. I've never had any complaints and was always exceptionally impressed by plusnets impressive customer service.

But I've had nothing but issues this time signing up with them, my main concern is every time I call in to the customer service department the agent on the other end of the phone "drops" the call on me, this happened twice the other day and I was in a queue 45 mins both times that's an hour and a half of my time put of my day to speak to someone and after finally getting through they just drop the call.and force me to wait again, frustrating to say the least because plusnet have always praised their customer service and up until now so did I. Have the agents in question been punished ? I know it wasn't the same agent both times that would be close to impossible, so many people it could also be happening to other than me it's absolutely disgusting, what do I get back for the hour and a half of lost time waiting on the phone?

It's also worth noting that I'm still not even set up and only just received my router, getting internet set up has never ever taken this long.

As previously mentioned nothing but good words for plusnet up until this point it's how they resolve it that I'll be keen to find out.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New Customer. Already not happy.

Sorry to hear of your poor experience and of the wait times. Whilst calls can drop for a variety of reasons and I'm sure it wouldn't have been deliberate, we'll review the calls and pass internal feedback on where appropriate.

Having reviewed your account, it looks like your service is due to go live ahead of the completion date we advised of in your welcome e-mail. Once you're online, we'll modify your service to your chosen package as agreed.

Can you let us know how you get on tomorrow?

Cheers

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Yesthenmitch

I know you say your "Sure" it wasn't deliberate, but having worked in various call centres I am more "Sure" then not that it was, these agents take a lot of calls a day and I'm more than sure it was deliberate unless you can explain a way in which this could have possibly been accidental? Incoming call answer or drop, the noise I got on my end was the same noise you get when someone hangs up, so unfortunately hate to say it but this was deliberate, and as a result I lost out on an hour and a half. Kind of gutting as I have other commitments and actually lost out on money as a result.

Appreciate your apology but it doesn't really cut it on this occasion, maybe 20 mins of my time but not an hour and a half.

Regards,

Mitchell
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Was the call made over a land line or over the mobile network?  If the latter, then there are lots of potential sources for the call to be dropped.

@Gandalf,

Does the call handing system report dropped calls?  That is calls picked up but dropped during processing?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Yesthenmitch

The call was made from a mobile full signal and no issues my end.

It hasn't happened anywhere else I've called whether it be commercial or personal friends.

I'm not sure if it specifically picks up "dropped" calls in my experience companies normally only keep data on talk time wrap etc.