cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nectar Points

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Nectar Points

I see that following the Member Centre poll* you can now get Nectar Points for joining PlusNet, see http://www.nectar.com/collect-online/retailer/plusnet.points
Anything in the pipeline for 'Loyal Customers'?  Kiss

*Of course, this may have been just to see customer reaction before it was brought in
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Nectar Points

Mad Moggies,
As you might be aware our referral scheme is what we currently keep in place as a reward for existing customers to recommend us. A loyalty scheme is a great idea however and although we don't have anything specific in the pipeline I will be making suggestions to the relevant people.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
artificer
Grafter

plus.net currently offers a 50p/month discount off the subscription for referrals.  that's far more valuable to me than nectar points, another name for practically worthlesss, electronic green stamps.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I wouldn't say they're worthless. With the proceeds from several online purchases via Nectar eStores and a few visits to a local restaurant giving bonus points, I was recently able to buy a new vacuum cleaner entirely with Nectar points!  Crazy
Unfortunately, I've only managed to get one referral so far, with friends being happy with their ISPs. However, I get 75p per month from that since she went over to PN for line rental (and free Weekend and Evening calls).
Lurker
Grafter

I'm in the process of losing three referrals.
I currently get paid over £7 by PN each month, but that is set to drop (my two highest referral value Business accounts are moving out, and my Step-Father has moved to Talk-Talk, and will be ceasing his PN ADSL shortly.) Sad
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It's quite an imbalanced points system. The only retailers who I remember offer them is BP, Sainsbury's and EDF Energy.
I know there are about 20 or so others, but ones I probably won't ever shop with.
You get little from BP and Sainsbury's, only seems to be living in London and having my electric and parents accounts with EDF, they suddenly decide to offer 250 or 1000 points.
I managed to get another 1000 by registering my card, already registered to my flat to my parents account.
Wasn't sure if it would work, but for some reason it did Smiley
So now I have £7.50 in points again after buying a Blu-Ray with them last time.
Not complaining .. I'm hardly going to give up the day job with the points, but if it wasn't for EDF then I wouldn't bother.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

If you visit Nectar eStores, there are literally hundreds of retailers giving you points for shopping online - Apple, Amazon, Argos and that's just a small fraction of the 'A's.
See http://www.nectar.com/collect-online/retailers-a-z.points
I always used to check this list when I'm going to shop online but recently installed their toolbar which shows if the site you're on does Nectar Points. It now keeps telling me to go to Nectar eStores every time I go onto a PlusNet page!!!
They also give you vouchers to download which you can use in specified restaurants (and for other places). I've had several meals at the local TableTable place where I've got 500 points extra from different offers, which is pretty good.
WebDude
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
A loyalty scheme is a great idea however and although we don't have anything specific in the pipeline I will be making suggestions to the relevant people.

I was interested to see the recent promotion offered Dabs or ~other~ vouchers.  Personally, I'd have limited use for some alternatives (don't touch Nectar, and cannot remember which the other retailer was but that too would have not encouraged me to attempt any promotion, if it was the 'extra' benefit aimed at me).
All I'd ask is that plain cash be kept as an option.  I appreciate that Dabs or similar may not require 100 pounds for a 100 pound 'voucher' as they are hoping to gain a repeat customer who will overall spend several hundreds over a period, and/or use them in preference to some competitor as there'd be an open account already, even if the cost difference was in favour of some alternative firm...  So... I'd hope for the same amount (or at least 80%) as a cash alternative.
I'd definitely see it as a bad move to switch totally to other 'tokens' - cash can be used by all, and is more flexible... other 'tokens' are much less flexible, or even 'worthless' (eg for me those Nectar points would be of nil benefit).