cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly 2 Months With Plusnet And...

MrTuningFork199
Dabbler

Nearly 2 Months With Plusnet And...

Had fibre unlimited installed in early January, all went to plan, BT engineer was pleasant and informative.  He set my router up for me and checked it synched with the BT modem ok before leaving.
The service generally has been good or excellent, had the occasional glitch with latency and peak time slow downs but have found that a gateway hop usually helps sorts things out.
Customer Services are pleasant and seem to have the customers' interests at heart.  I have been reading through the forums and there is a wealth of knowledge both among the community and the Plusnet Staff who seem to do everything they can to help get problems solved.  There is a good deal of transparency and honesty, and when mistakes are made either by Plusnet staff or their automated systems they seem genuinely sorry and do their best to sort them out as quickly as possible.
8 REPLIES 8
pod000
Grafter

Re: Nearly 2 Months With Plusnet And...

It's always nice to hear a " my install went as expected and everything is great" story.
MrTuningFork199
Dabbler

Hey mate, just read your story so sorry to hear you have been messed about so much and hope you're online very soon.
pod000
Grafter

Thank you tuningfork. Things have moved forward so hopefully I will be online soon. My dads with Plusnet and he like you has had a faultless service. It was me that advised him to go with Plusnet because of their customer service . As you can see from these forums Plusnet don't always get it right but they do seem to actually care.
MrTuningFork199
Dabbler

I don't think any large provider always gets it right every time but it seems to me a lot of the trouble is with BT Openreach and not necessarily Plusnet themselves.  Glad things have started moving for you and glad your Dad is happy with Plusnet too.
Blim
Grafter

I find if you talk to people and not at them, offer drinks and be genuinely nice then things tend to work out. Ive always chatted to the OR guys and Ive always ended up with a fast connection/sync speed. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe it because I take an interest in there work. I don't know but I like to think it because I was nice to them. Peace
pod000
Grafter

I agree Blim.  Even though the openreach engineers who came to do my pair divert  were working at the end of my road I offered them coffee and as a direct result of that they installed my phone line into my building also installing a new master socket while he was at it.
It's not the individuals people have a problem with its the companies they represent. 
MrTuningFork199
Dabbler

Quote from: Blim
I find if you talk to people and not at them, offer drinks and be genuinely nice then things tend to work out. Ive always chatted to the OR guys and Ive always ended up with a fast connection/sync speed. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe it because I take an interest in there work. I don't know but I like to think it because I was nice to them. Peace

Agreed entirely I found the OR guy really pleasant and informative and seemed to appreciate both my offer of a drink and that I took an interest in his work and his family too.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@MrTuningFork1990
Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience, that's really good to hear.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team