cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Referrals

taywood
Grafter

My Referrals

I'm old. I'm alone. The only acquaintances I have are at the Day Centre and they wouldnt recognise a PC never mind a PlusNet.
So each time I get an enthusiastic email from PlusNet promoting My Referrals I send it back to Neil Armstrong saying 'Please make a note on My Record that I dont wish to be bothered with this nonsense' and I explain why.
I never get a response but I do continue to get these mailshots offering me this wonderful bargain.
Wouldn't you find that annoying too?
Perhaps theres a person on his staff who believes it might be a good healthy exercise for me to go knocking on doors in the surrounding neighbourhood, promoting the benefits of a PlusNet subscription and saying 'Oh by the way if you do signup and I get the backhander then I can buy a new pair of shoes for the winter'.
There is a protocol to stop PlusNet from sending me emails, but I dont want to lose the chance to take up the 'bargain offer of a lifetime' or the opportunity to go on a new 'pensioners low usage tariff rate' for example.
9 REPLIES 9
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Re: My Referrals

This is a difficult one to be honest.
As you haven't opted out of recieving Marketing emails, you will still continue to get them until you change your preferences here
Also, I expect the email address you have sent your requests too will be a non-monitored account, (ie. the one that was used to send the marketing email) hence your lack of response from Plusnet.
As there is no inbetween for the marketing emails, I would politely suggest you opt out of them for now, but continue to check in via the portal or these forums to see if there are any new deals being announced.
I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Chemical Brother,
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

There is still an extant PUGIT 342  which was planned to be included in the 2008 Dev't plan and address this problem.  Also included in the March 2008 PUGIT top 5.
Last quoted as delayed until July 2008 to allow integration with other development work. Wink
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oleo
Grafter

Taywood, I for one understand your feelings. I'm a new boy to plusnet, in fact I don't get my connection until Tuesday. Once I'm all hooked up and had a chance to get behind the wheel of the plusnet system, I might be able to suggest a way to filter out such emails. Might be possible, might not.
There is another plusnet member of staff that frequents another forum. Would you like me to point him to your post, he can then get in touch with you?
John
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Taywood,
At the moment it's only possible to completely opt out of all marketing information, it's not split down by category. It is planned to do this but unfortunately other development work has taken priority.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mauriceking

Early last year I was stupid enough to fall for this 'Recommend a friend'.
I sent in the same name and details twice, and these appeared on my Referrals List.
My friend signed up, but when I attempted to claim my 'reward', not only was I told that I hadn't recommended him, but it was denied that his name had ever appeared on my Referrals List.
The constant mailings since then just serve as red rag to a bull.
I hadn't appreciated that I could stop them coming until now, so please remove me from that mailing list.
James
Grafter

Hi Mauriceking,
Could you possibly send me some details of the referrals that you made at those times so I can look into it for you?
Something doesn't sound right and I'd like to investigate if you wouldn't mind.
mauriceking

The referral in question was for 'Roger Lees' whose address is [Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  email address removed as James has it ]
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You might want to remove that email address, this is a public forum and can be viewed by anyone.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

Thanks,
As Adiewoo says, can you remove the username and email address?  I've had a look and there's no record of a referral being made.
However if your referral would like to raise a ticket saying that he was referred by you, I would be more than happy to sort things out for you.