cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Failures to connect broad band

Broadbandless

Multiple Failures to connect broad band

After being screwed around by TalkTalk for six weeks we decided to try another internet provider. My wife contacted PlusNet because we could see someone else in our neighbourhood with a strong PlusNet connection through our wifi connection tool.
PlusNet assured us that getting broadband would not be an issue and it would be installed in 5 to 7 working days. We were given a date, and since we have a business and teenagers that require internet we were excited to get back to work and homework in an easy straightforward way. The day came but unfortunately TalkTalk decided to cut our phone line prematurely and PlusNet was unable to connect our internet. We then were given the date, December 18th 2013 to have a phone line with PlusNet. The phone was installed and we were then told another 5 to 7 working days was needed to hook up the internet. The date given was December 31st. We were assured we would have internet before 2014.
It is now the 2nd of January 2014, we have yet to get any internet. We were not contacted and attempted to contact PlusNet to find out what has happened. We had to be put on hold twice for 30 minutes each time and then hung up on both times. My wife then tried on her mobile and after an hour of being on hold she was told that no answer could be given and that it was put on the system to do but was not completed. He then claimed he couldn't do anything but transfer us, and to wait 24 hours for an email or text.
I fear that we will be told to wait yet another 5 to 7 working days, and that nothing can be done until then. Followed by another failed attempted.
I am getting extremely upset over this issue, we are paying a ridicules amount for btopenzone in the meantime, its a poor connection and will not hook up to most of our devices.
Really, I just want to know how many people, how many excuses and how many months it is going to take for the internet to finally be installed?
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Multiple Failures to connect broad band

Hi,
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've encountered with us. This really isn't the level of service we aim to provide our customers with. I've just checked on our suppliers systems and can see that the order has now completed.
Have you connected your router up at all?
Broadbandless

That would be amazing, no I have not even opened the box, I was instructed to wait. I will try now and if it works I will sing you praises.
Broadbandless

I would like to kiss you!
I was short today about this subject but please understand talktalk messed us over for weeks. So thank you thank you thank you thank you.
ATM, we have a green light on the router, it says to wait 15 minutes before connecting so that is were I am at now, but thank you again.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I assume you are using a Plusnet supplied TG582n router which should set itself up with the broadband username and password for your account. The process takes a few minutes and all lights should then be solid green. It's fine to connect once that stage is reached.
Hope all is now well for you.
David
David
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

You should be up and running Smiley
If not, please let me know and I'll do everything I can to sort out any issues you have out for you.