cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to temp house already a\ plusnet customer.

FIXED
watsonm
Grafter

Moving to temp house already a\ plusnet customer.

I have been a customer of Plusnet since 2002 and ten years ago when I moved out of my house into temporary accommodation that did not have a phone line Plusnet were able to put my account into some kind of suspension so that I could still receive e-mails and maintained my list of referrals. Then when I actually moved in to my new house everything worked as it did before.

This time I am moving in with my son while I search for a house.  Plusnet procedures have obviously changed and I was told I had three months to find a fixed address otherwise my account would disappear into the ether.  I even offered to pay a retainer to maintain the account.  A ticket was raised which had a move out date as required and a move in date in January 2019

My son has already got Plusnet (and is one of my referrals) so I am still able to connect to the net.  However after a couple of days my e-mail stopped.  This was a bit (understatement) of a pain as all the estate agents had that email address to send me possible houses to buy and all my apps have that e-mail address as the contact point (and password reset point!)

If I was told about the loss of e-mail up front I would have had time to inform everyone and also would have given the estate agents my Gmail address.

At the moment I am waiting for the IPS Tag to be transferred to UK2NET so I can attempt to set up the domain on UK2 but it has left me totally frustrated with Plusnet, especially listening to the screeching music for 45 minutes on a mobile phone during  several attempts to sort this.  Also losing my referrals will be a great loss.

Hopefully this will be a warning to other folk who do not move and transfer from one house to another in one go. 

Plusnet Fibre 80/20 Netgear R7000 and Netgear DM200
Plusnet customer since 2002
Plusnet Mobile since 2017
13 REPLIES 13
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Moving to temp house already a\ plusnet customer.

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from 'Everything Else' to 'Plusnet Feedback'.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
watsonm
Grafter

Hopefully I'll get a rebate of my line rental save as well ......

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to read about your experience when moving house.

I'd like to first thank you for your loyalty over the past 16 years.

Unfortunately though since 2012 due to regulations we're no longer able to keep an account open in a suspended state if there's no house move order placed with our suppliers to complete within the next 90 days.

The order that our automated system placed was rejected by our suppliers systems stating: "Customer Required Date cannot be more than Order Received plus 90 days"

This rejection to provide the service at your new address also cancelled the cease order we placed at your current address to stop the active services, which inevitably resulted in another provider being able to get an order in place to takeover the existing line(Presumably new tenants moving in) and the automatic cancellation of your account followed.

I appreciate that this doesn't make for a good experience and I've passed feedback on regarding that to see what changes we can make to improve this.

Regarding your Plusnet email address and domain, I've changed your account type over to Plusnet Mail which is free of charge and can be left open indefinitely(Though we won't be able to upgrade it back to a broadband/home phone account).

We keep snapshots(essentially a bit like a short-term archive) of mailboxes, so I've raised a task (INFOPS-4955) to our infrastructure operational engineers to restore any mail we still have at the time that your account was cancelled.

I've also asked them to complete the IPS tag change of your domain to your new domain provider.

Regarding your referrals they're still showing on your account, unfortunately though as of May 2017 we only pay referral credits out on broadband accounts.

However, as your account was cancelled without you being notified and as a result we've had to move you to Plusnet Mail, once you have a new place sorted within the next 90 days, and you've created a broadband account at http://www.plus.net and that account is active if you let me know, I'll be happy to arrange to move your referrals across.

Finally regarding your line rental saver you've paid, given the circumstances I've worked out a pro-rata refund and arranged for our billing team to send you a cheque. Please could you reply to this ticket with an address where it'd reach you?

EDIT: I've added a response to the ticket with your son's address as I see you're staying there for now.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused but I hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
watsonm
Grafter

Gandalf,

Thanks for posting that.  Have replied to Anoush in the ticket.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem and thanks for the post back.

I've seen your response in the ticket and I'll reply shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
watsonm
Grafter

Any idea how many days it takes to update the ipstag?Huh

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry I should've mentioned that we'd normally get tasks for these type of requests picked up within 3 working days. Will try to chase this up for you tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I'm not sure of the Nominet requirement, but most ISP's achieve an IPSTAG request in hours.  My record is a complete transfer of IPSTAG, data to different host and back to live running in 2 1/2 hours.  (it isn't always quite this quck).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

watsonm
Grafter

Thanks ....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’ve just got confirmation that your domain has been released and IPSTAG changed.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
watsonm
Grafter

Gandalf,

Thanks for your help.

I presume I need to wait for overnight before  https://www.whois.com/whois  shows UK2NET

watsonm
Grafter

Transfer in progress , thanks again for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that! No problems at all, please feel free to let me know when/if you create a new account at your new address and I'll be happy to move your referrals across.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet