Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving on after 9 years

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Moving on after 9 years

@racquel wrote:

There's "keen to retain customer" and there's "retaining customer by commercial suicide"! Smiley

I'll pass on the keen but "retaining customer by commercial suicide" is fair enough.

But their alternative for retaining older customers is "death by a thousand cuts".

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

If all PN long time customers left , dont think it would be long before the FREE Broadband offers Stop

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
racquel
Grafter

Don't wanna be smug, but the switchover happened this morning, and I've not had to fiddle with anything and guess what?

ScreenClip [4].png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@racquel - As if...

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

@rongty

If the old regs leave this forums will become pish

jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Moving to BT in a few weeks,great deal.Cheesy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
racquel
Grafter

So, a month on, and how are things going? A mixed bag!

tl;dr - phone and broadband: better, customer service: shocking!

First thing is, I didn't realise Sky was now available as a LLU, and it's the only one that is.

So I was quite surprised by the different dialtone, and pleasantly surprised by the 50% quicker ping times and 2mb faster ADSL sync speeds. Not to mention IPv6!

Also, it's nice that mobile calls are included. I tend to make a lot of short mobile calls, and I was doing them via my 3 mobile as the calls were 3p, not 24p through Plusnet. But the mobile signal is flaky.

Yes, Sky's Anytime calls package is £1.50 more than Plusnet's, but with mobile calls included, I only have to make 6 calls to mobiles to break even.

That's the good. Now the bad. Have you ever been frustrated by Plusnet's CS? You ain't heard NOTHING until you've tried to speak to Sky CS! Phone is the ONLY way to contact them, and there's no ticketing system. And they have this voice recognition system, and it goes a little something like this:

"So in a few words, just go ahead and tell us what the problem is".

"Problem dialling a number" (weirdly, there's one number I can't dial from Sky, works fine from BT).

"You'd like to upgrade your Sky TV package, is that correct?"

"No. Problem with my phone service".

"I think you're asking about our great value TV packages, is that correct?".

"No".

"OK, that's great. You can find all the help and support on our website. Goodbye".

When you FINALLY get through, it's someone with an incredibly strong Irish accent, who sounds like they are a million miles away, who does not understand the problem. 8 days and counting...

So, there you go. That's an honest summary so far!

sparkrace12
Grafter

The phrase that really wound me up with Sky from 1 of their call centres

Is there anything else I can help you with??????    

Err yes sort my connection!!

After several , days of  no internet connection, and goodness knows how many premium phone calls I made they decided somebody at their end had accidentally disconnected me!!!!,  

Needless to say I left and joined PlusNet 5 years ago!Smiley

sparkrace22
racquel
Grafter

@racquel wrote:

When you FINALLY get through, it's someone with an incredibly strong Irish accent, who sounds like they are a million miles away, who does not understand the problem. 8 days and counting...

For your amusement, I thought I'd update this bit above.

On the 16 of July, I logged a ticket with Sky because I found there was one particular number I couldn't dial, but it was fine from Skype, mobile, BT etc. This one number just randomly alternated between long-short engaged tone, or a message saying "the number you have dialled is not available". 

They told me it would be fixed in 72 hours. That was 23 days ago. 

Within 4 days of my reporting it, they confirmed it was a routing issue with TalkTalk. But, and sit down before you read this, the tech team could not proceed before an Openreach engineer had visited my house and checked my master socket.

I'll repeat that - they could not fix a phone number routing issue with a third party until they'd sent an engineer to check my copper wire, despite no fault on the line.

I kid you not. I'm not making it up or exaggerating. They have now given me my own dedicated UK based CSA who phones me every couple of days to apologise that it still hasn't been fixed.

When it's all done and dusted I'm going to request a complete copy of the ticket (you can't see tickets at Sky) because my mind is boggling.

Can anyone beat that?Huh

jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I am really glad i changed my mind about going with sky in july,i went with BT instead because sky messed up my order i told them to shove it.

It sounds like a close call for me,i had a lot of problems trying to get sky to understand i already had a landline & they insisted i didn,t.

Typing kitteh

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
Anon
Pro

But why would PN want to put anything right or try to retain longstanding customers?

They have the old market economic strategy. Sell lots of rubbish cheaply and make a big profit. They are not interested in retentions when they keep getting new customers paying cheap tariffs and getting rubbish in every department.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
wildthing666
Grafter

IMHO the best time to leave any provider is when you get a confirmation of a price rise. I did this with my previous provider I never take anything for granted unless I get it confirmed in an email or through the mail. My last provider didn't confirm any increase they just put the price up so I took it as notice of a price increase and left them. Their price increase was more than inflation so they are out of luck. I always said if it ever went above a certain amount per month I would move and this I did.

racquel
Grafter

Now reached the one month anniversary of logging the ticket over at Sky, and I still can't dial that number.

My mind is boggling.