Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant > Home Phone Product Information and Sales - problem with form

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Help Assistant > Home Phone Product Information and Sales - problem with form

the "Home Phone Product Information and Sales" contact form doesn't let you send the form.

it keeps giving the error "please enter a valid mobile number", even though a valid number has been entered AND the box is unticked to send updates to mobile.

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
thinking of joining us > contact sales team
email us
phone services
home phone
Alternatively, ask your Question to the Support Team

5 REPLIES 5
chenks76
All Star

Re: Help Assistant > Home Phone Product Information and Sales - problem with form

so where exactly do you require this "valid mobile number" Huh

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 20.02.13.png

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Help Assistant > Home Phone Product Information and Sales - problem with form

And more to the point WHY is a valid mobile No. required?  It seems that many services now require a mobile No. 'for security' or to validate input with a texted 'pass code'.  That's fine but fails to recognise that there are large patches of the country with limited or no signal.

Its just another of life's hurdles for village dwellers.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chenks76
All Star

@mtrinder can you get someone to look at this?
at the moment your website doesn't let people communicate with the sales team
mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @chenks76, that's definitely not ideal.

As a temporary workaround you can submit the form by:

1. Ticking the box for mobile updates (to enable to number field)
  2. Delete the number (so the box is empty)
  3. Untick the box for mobile updates
  4. Click send

I'll pass on the details of the main problem to our incident team.

Thanks

chenks76
All Star

i might as well not have bothered.
after fighting with the form and using your workaround, i finally got the ticket raised.

10 minutes later i got a stock response from someone who clearly didn't know which form i had used or even bothered to fully read what i had asked/sent/

Thank you for getting in touch. As advised, the Customer Options Team are in charge of Cancellations, Contracts and Retentions. To discuss these aspects of your account, you can contact them as per the following contact information below:

Telephone number:
0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 (Both free from a Plusnet Landline)

Opening Times:
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

We are happy to help if you have further technical or customer service questions in the meantime. You can reply to this message by going to our Contact Us page if we can be of further assistance and don't forget that you can get the answer to most questions by visiting our Help and Support pages.

so i use a sales form to enquire about giving plusnet more of my custom, and all i get is a stock reply saying we can't help you and to use the phone.

pathetic.