cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

parenthephobia

Moving house

I'm moving house in about a week. I want to take my service with me, I have a home office, and I need Internet for work, so I'm keen to get a service move under way as quickly as possible. If I can't, I'll have to buy a new service there and then cancel my current one. I don't really want to do that!
Sadly, it seems like everyone else in the world is also moving their Plusnet service at the same time, because the "home move team" seem to be permanently too busy to answer the phone!
It's very hard for me to believe that you can't arrange a move without having to talk to me on the phone. My phone call will just get turned into an internal support ticket anyway, right?
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Moving house

You've left it late to try to book this - I doubt there's any way you are going to avoid being without any service for a while. Sad
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Moving house

Buying a new service and then cancelling your old one might actually work out as better/cheaper option depending on the situation with the line at your soon to be new address, depending on how important it is to keep your existing username. However be aware of one possibly important issue, if you currently use your Plusnet email address for any thing important like insurance, anything financial, you might be advised to notify those that have your current email address of the impending change - IIRC, your current email address will cease immediately on cancellation of the account unless you request it continue as a Dial-up account for a small monthly fee.