cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home

coastergrotto
Grafter

Moving home

I am hoping this is posted in the correct forum.     
I will be moving later on this year into a newly constructed house and wondered exactly what the procedure was I need to follow, and the costs involved, with transferring my broadband and phone packages to the new address.
I am currently on Broadband Premier and Home Phone Evening and Weekends and wish to continue with the same packages.      The area I will be moving to is also Market 3.
I obviously want the transfer to be as smooth as possible and with the minimum downtime in either service.
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Moving home

There's a 'moving home' guide on the website here which describes the process and gives cost guidelines. Presumably you'll need a new line for your new property.
You should be able to retain your current product, though only those presently on sale include Market 3 pricing (and - except for Value -  ADSL2+ where available).
Hopefully Plusnet staff will provided more information on Monday.
David
coastergrotto
Grafter

@spraxyt:
Thanks for that.  The link provided gave me a good idea of costs etc.      It is, or will be, a brand new property so I've no idea what the buiders do as far as putting in a phone point.  It's not likely to be ready until October or November so I just wanted to be forewarned and forearmed, so to speak.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Morning all,
As things stand the subscription fee would remain the same when you come to move, unless obviously you change your account type.
For when the time comes the only thing that the guide does not mention (although I have a feeling it will do soon) is that we can also follow the simultaneous order process if you decide to order the phone service through us, allowing us to activate both services on the same day. Let us know if you have any specific questions at all.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: adamwalker
we can also follow the simultaneous order process if you decide to order the phone service through us, allowing us to activate both services on the same day.
If you are really lucky it might even work  Grin - that is if the BT ordering systems don't screw it up  Roll_eyes
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks Adam.  This won't happen until October at the earliest but I would obviously like the whole transaction to be completed together and, hopefully, all connected when I move in.
I'll move out of my current property in the morning and into my new property later the same afternoon.    I intend to continue both my phone and broadband with Plusnet and the same Broadband package as I have at present.
I appreciate that I'd probably have to be without phone and broadband at my current property on the morning of the move in order to stand any chance of it being connected at my new property when I arrive there late afternoon.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi again coastergrotto,
We will do all we can to minimise downtime. The disconnection of one line and subsequent activation of another as part of such a move are two separate processes so we can normally arrange an overlap of the two jobs. I would just advise giving us at least 10 days notice if you can nearer the time to give us a better chance of achieving that for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team