cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Madasafish to Plusnet - why is it taking so long

bobbyboy

Moving from Madasafish to Plusnet - why is it taking so long

On the 14 August I signed up to the latest Plusnet deal (for wi fi, low cost calls, and line rental), and made my first payment. I then telephoned Madasafish (my current broadband provider), to obtain the MAC key, and to ask if I needed to take any action to migrate from BT in respect of line rental and low cost calls. It took me over 25 minutes to get through to an advisor!! After answering a number of security questions, the advisor informed me that I did not require a MAC key, and that he would inform Plusnet to get in touch with me to arrange migration etc. He also told me that Plusnet would get in touch with BT.
As yet I have heard nothing, either from Madasafish or from Plusnet. This is extremely annoying since I have already  made payments, including one year's line rental.
Plusnet, please get in touch. This is all taking too long.
robertmsilk
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Moving from Madasafish to Plusnet - why is it taking so long

robertmsilk,
Are you aware that Madasafish are part of Plusnet (which is why you don't need a MAC)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bobbyboy,
I'm sorry for the delay in your migration over to Plusnet. I've had a look into this and can see that the service is expected to migrate over on 01/09/2014. Apologies for the lack of communication. If you need anything on the day of migration feel free to give us a shout on here and we'll look into it.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

What jelv said.
I know it's a case of wise after the event but you should have just 'phoned Plusnet initially.
That's what I did two years ago and the transfer was more or less immediate. I waited for the router delivery, it arrived the day after the 'phone call, switched it on and I was connected to PN automatically with the pre-configured router. If the transfer can't happen until the 1st things must have changed drastically. Too many customers, not enough staff?
Then it gradually went downhill. Roll_eyes
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: newagetraveller
Then it gradually went downhill. Roll_eyes

That is a little unfair; agreed from time to time one might run it to difficulty, but there is a lot of support available around here, especially if one is willing to help one's self a little.  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130999.msg1141991.html#msg1141991
Newagetraveller,
Are you in need of assistance?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobbyboy

Quote from: Linn
Hi bobbyboy,
I'm sorry for the delay in your migration over to Plusnet. I've had a look into this and can see that the service is expected to migrate over on 01/09/2014. Apologies for the lack of communication. If you need anything on the day of migration feel free to give us a shout on here and we'll look into it.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, forgot the update this thread. I replied to your PM earlier, bobbyboy.