cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly usage not reset

medric
Dabbler

Monthly usage not reset

On the 10th Nov I received a notice from plusnet that speed restrictions were being applied to my account as I had reached 13GB peak time usage.  When I checked my usage I found that my monthly usage had not been reset on 3rd Nov as it should have been.  Since then I have been trying to get Plusnet to reset it.  I have spoken to several people who seemed very helpful and raised tickets for the relevent department to act on but the end result is that my usage has still not been reset.  How hard can it be???   
Since I have lost half a month's usage allowance and have had to cut back on my usage to make sure I don't incur level two restricitons, how about refunding some of the money which I paid for it Plusnet.  Haha  I won't hold my breath.
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable

Re: Monthly usage not reset

Hi,
Unfortunately it's not as simple as an agent picking up the ticket and resetting the usage on the account. The ticket will get escalated to the correct department, where they will review the account and they will then raise a Task to the Developers to reset the Usage. It'll happen. Post your Ticket ID and Jojo or one of the DigiTeam will chase it up for you.
medric
Dabbler

Quote from: chrispettitt89
The ticket will get escalated to the correct department, where they will review the account and they will then raise a Task to the Developers to reset the Usage. It'll happen.

Thanks for the reassurance, but don't you think it should be just a little faster than 10 days.  It seems to be extremely inefficient!  If they leave it long enough it will reset itself on 3rd December (hopefully), meaning I've been allowed one month's usage spread over two month's.
Anyway, my ticket numbers are 48846411 and 48660895. 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've asked someone to reset your usage for you, I'll check back later that it's been done.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
medric
Dabbler

Thanks Chris.  My usage has now been reset.  I appreciate your involvement.  I now have a couple of questions.
1.  Why were there 11 days with seemingly no action on the problem when you can get it done in a few hours.  Reading some of the other posts it does seem that to get any action members have to come on to the forum and complain.  Something to remember for next time I have a problem but surely not the right way to run a customer service department.
2.  As I have lost 18 days peak time allowance how do go about claiming compensation.  My argument is that as didn't get it I shouldn't be charged for it.  £5.00 credit off my next bill would be acceptable but please feel free to be more generous Wink
Thanks once again Chris   
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

1. The agent who requested the reset followed the correct process unfortunately the person they passed this on to doesn't seem to have completed the reset correctly. We've actually noticed there are multiple customers who are affected, we're identifying and resetting the usage.
2. I'll sort out a goodwill gesture and update your ticket with it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
medric
Dabbler

Thanks Chris.  You're a star.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can confirm that this has now been resolved as of yesterday. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Smiley