cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Usage.

Kurayamino

Monthly Usage.

Hi guys, just so you're all aware I opened up a ticket with regards to this. I'll give you a bit of my back story so you can understand where I am coming from as well.
Basically I recently switched to Fibre with 120GB monthly usage limit. As per usual the speed and everything has been fantastic, after all it is plusnet. Smiley However my usage because I am currently unable to work is through the roof. I have used over 130GB this billing period which has added £10 to my bill. Big deal right? Well yes. For an extra £10 I could be with another provider that offers unlimited bandwidth and be in a situation where I am not worried about adding more and more to the monthly cost of my internet. The usage I have is mainly on streaming HD Video. I am a big gamer and love watching the professionals play. Surely in a world where HD content is mainstream we should be looking at adding more monthly usage to our products. That way everyone is happy. So this is what my question is, is there a solution to this with plusnet? or are customers having to look else where to find the internet they desire?
It would be interesting to have some community feedback on this as I know plusnet always listen. If you feel plusnet could be more competitive just give a little post and we're see if we can get some reply from plusnet on this.
Cheers!
15 REPLIES 15
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Monthly Usage.

Have a look at Kelly's post here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104955.msg895528.html#msg895528, maybe some hope.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Kurayamino

That could be interesting, I assume you agree as well? But there are no promises. Maybe if vocalise this more there might be a better uptake by plusnet.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'd suggest posting on that thread.
I haven't been too bothered as 120Gb is enough (at the moment) though I'd like to see an increase as useage paterns are generally increasing.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
kdoug007
Grafter

ku    . hope ya wont  mind  me  saying  something  ,  but  work  or  no work  ,,  that a    amazing amount to use.  of  usage...
i have a  10gb  allowance  and  so  far in  my 1st  week  am  well within  that,
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The problem really is video. In your case at least you admit it - others don't. I think I use the internet far too much to the exclusion of other activities - but control my use of video. I've failed to get to 3GB the last three months (on the 10GB service)...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without trying too hard, these are my monthly download figures for the past few months, mostly between midnight & 8am, and with a lot of HD BBC iPlayer, no games.
Last night I downloaded 14GB on my HD iPlayers, as backup for my PVRs's,  catching up and building a library of recent programmes I missed.
Such as the RHS shows.
No doubt a few more GB coming up with Jubilee recordings and backups for PVR's.

My connection speed allows me to do this very quickly, only a few minutes per GB.
dsw
Grafter

What do you use to download iPlayer content?
Anonymous
Not applicable

iPlayer+      !!!
dsw
Grafter

Suppose it's okay if you use a Mac! Know any Windows alternatives?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't No, others may know.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html
or use the series record option in iPlayer which allows you to schedule the downloads
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: dsw
Suppose it's okay if you use a Mac! ]
Computers and TVs xan get damaged by water. Crazy Grin
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
ManicOrganic
Grafter

I'm a light user and normally come in under my 10gb /month (but never get a discount on that).. I'm convalescing this month after an operation so my usage is up.  I exceeded 10gb 2 days before my new billing cycle and the 'friendly pigeon loving northeners' Plusnet charged me 5quid for 2 DAYS!!  Feels like i've had my pocket picked!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ManicOrganic,
I appreciate it's a fairly exceptional set of circumstances, however unfortunately that's how the system works if the data transfer watch is not set - you should have received a warning email as you were getting close to the limit?
If you'd like to stop this from happening in the future, you can log in to our website and visit https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/ - if you set that to £0 your connection will be slowed down once the limit is reached and no extra usage will be added.