Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

options beyond 60Gb per month?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: options beyond 60Gb per month?

Quote from: walker23
Are JL BB customers (not ex PN) entitled to sign up for these forums?

JLBB accounts don't have the facility to sign up to this forum, in the same way that Greenbee and Waitrose customers can't sign up here either.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: walker23
Are JL BB customers (not ex PN) entitled to sign up for these forums?

There's at least one ex PN customer who still posts on these Forums !
I'm leaving, I'm leaving, I've had enough !
But still posts  here !
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I thought you had to be using a PN connection to register on the forums, but once you've registered you can then use it anywhere.
I'm sure I had to use my parents connection when I registered on here (but back then these forums were beta and the old phpBB forums were in use).
So I guess the answer is "No, unless you know someone/have access to a PlusNet connection".
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rang JL out of interest when it first started up, the same restaurant is shared apparently.
So it would appear the same building also ?
Possibly on different floors.
James
Grafter

You need to have a Plusnet account to register.
We don't remove forum access once the customer cancels/moves elsewhere should such an event occur.
/waves at Alex
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I'm still a customer James .. sort of Smiley
Good we're allowed to keep access though. I remember ye olde forum days when you could only post in the dialup forum.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I think James for got to add that Madasafish customers can also register for the forums  Smiley Smiley
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Correct.
bobboulby
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
The refresh is likely to be happening later in the year.

+1 for disappointed. I don’t understand why this is taking so long. I don’t think most of us are looking for a major product revamp, just some additional download allowance. How about an “Extra Download” add-on, like the Pro add-on, surely that would be easy to implement?
Bob
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hey guys just a quick note before the weekend.  I totally understand the frustration on this one.  I just wanted to let you know that a couple of us are looking at what is possible around usage without large "refresh" style changes.  Hopefully we'll have something we can share next week.  Absolutely no promises, but hang in there for a week or two.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent, thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will it be Q3 of next week ?  Embarrassed
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Sorry but... Grin
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
DeltaGolf

Just to support what's already been said. I've been with PN since Dec 2002 & now always use my 60GB allowance & nornally have to suffer for a few days when I've used up my extended but capped allowance of 70GB (I'm not willing to spend more than £10 extra / month). With the phone (Talk Anytime, Caller Display) my monthly bill is normally just under £40. For £42.35 (reduced to £33.10 for the first 6 months) I can get Virgin Cable with upto 60MB D/L speeds but more importantly unlimted quota. Happy to give PN a week or two to find a solution, but failing that I'll have to seek an alternative which I don't really want to do Sad
Dave
Anonymous
Not applicable

60gb daytime would just about be OK for me, with lots of off peak downloading, but that's just my sleep pattern.
120gb would be better. Just to be able to do stuff daytime, without having to watch the clock.
I have absolutely no complaint about my speed, but do wonder if it would be reduced if everyone's allowance increased ?
Perhaps the extra Olympics capacity will work to all our advantage, once the Olympics are over.

(466 metres from BT Exchange)
My main bugbear is my average PN phone bill is £nil, yes £zero, and I wish there was a cheaper, low usage rate option, for the phone side.