cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missleading Customers

mickr62
Grafter

Missleading Customers

Why are you still showing Broadband fibre available at my address, when its not available. You took an order from me on the 18th may and I was supposed to be switched on 2nd June. I then found out using this forum that it was not available at my address . So I cancelled my account and asked for refund which is in progress. Today I have put my details in on PlusNet site and it is saying fibre is available at my address. I think PlusNet are misleading customers with the hope they will take normal adsl when they find out its not available

Mickr

6 REPLIES 6
All4One
Grafter

Re: Missleading Customers

Probably not Plusnet, probably links in with BT/Openreach database for what's available for your line.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@mickr62

This is the authoritative source for types of service available. Always use the phone number option, never the postcode one as that is too inaccurate.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
mickr62
Grafter

PlusNet site asks for phone and postcode and house number so it should be able to check correctly. If Bt and Sky can why cant PlusNet. If you are signing up for a package the provider should give you the correct information other wise what is the point. You will just be going round in circles.

Mickr

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Checking the phone number on your account at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ shows that fibre is available. Previously it looked like capacity had been reached at your cabinet, however this now seems to be available again.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mickr62
Grafter

Yes today it is showing available. I have contacted Plusnet and reordered, just hope it all goes through this time other wise I think I will give up.

Mickr

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for the issues but hope it goes through for you this time!

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.