cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Openreach Appointments

wildty
Dabbler

Missed Openreach Appointments

Myappointment today was to install a fibre connection.  Now the BT engineer did not arrive at my property during the allocated time slot or ring to say he would not be turning up. This is frustrating as half a day has been wasted waiting around and away from work. It turned out that the engineer did visit my cabinet but could not carry put the installation due to extra work required (not sure what this extra work was yet). I am annoyed that none of this was checked prior to installation and mainly that thr engineer didnot ring us to let us know he would not be coming. I had to chase this myself. I feel it that checks should of happened prior to installation and a phone call should of been made or  anything to let me know what was going on.
Secondly if an appointment is missed or not met by BT themselves then their should be an automated compensation process in place. The CS representative I spoke to was very helpful and refunded my first months broadband.  However I will now have to take another half day of work and I am now without an Internet connection for the next two days at least. A £7.50 refund does not really redress what I have now lossed in time and holiday allowance.  I DO NOT think it is fair either that plus net should directly compensate me but I feel BT should as it is their responsibility to install the line.
Just my two pence on the matter. Thankfully i have friends who I can visit to use their connection tonight. The most frustrating part for me was being told at the end my bt sport won't be activated until the boardband is sorted. I hope it is done by Saturday as my teateam are playing!!!
18 REPLIES 18
Cruise85
Grafter

Re: Missed Openreach Appointments

Hi Tyrone
Let me first of all apologise for the frustration and inconvenience that you have encountered in regards to the install of your fibre services.
I completely accept that when the engineer attended the cabinet and realised that the work could not be carried out , he should have contacted you as a matter of courtesy to let you know that further work was required.
I have spoken to Openreach this afternoon, who state that the external work required has now been completed , and that we need to arrange another appointment for the engineer to attend.
If you could please respond to the open ticket on the account with the best available time slots, then I will of course get this booked in for you as soon as possible.
In regards to the missed appointment, once the services are active, I will be more than happy to look at a gesture of good will for the inconvenience caused.

wildty
Dabbler

Thank you Cruise85.I have now updated my ticket. I have managed to tether my phone to my ipad to get temporary net access. I am greatfull for the further offer of compensation and will take you up on this once my connection is live.
wildty
Dabbler

Cruise85. Will someone call me today about booking an appointment?
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi Tyrone
I am currently awaiting for BT Openreach to respond in regards to an expedite that I have requested.
I have requested that they attend either tomorrow or Saturday afternoon, and as soon as I have an update I will update you both via the ticket and also on here.
Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused
Regards
Matt  ^MC
wildty
Dabbler

Thank you matt for your efforts. I appreciate it.
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi Tyrone
I have responded to you online ticket with the appointment that has now been booked in with Openreach
Unfortunately, there were no appointments available this week, and as such have booked the appointment for Tuesday as you requested 
wildty
Dabbler

Thanks Matt. The only thing thats been reliable so far is your customer service so again I thank you for that. I have updated the ticket woth some questions re bt sport and last min cancellations. I won't repost them here.
wildty
Dabbler

Hi Matt
Fibre has finally been activated and installed. Thank you for help  with this.
I have updated the ticket(s) with a few questions / queries. Namely about the following points@
Speed - Currently running at 33mb, line estimate was about 60mb, though I appreciate that it will be capped at 40mb due to the package I am on.
BT Sport - Activation.
Compensation - For lack of service for the past week, along with taking further time off work etc.
Thank you again for your assistance so far.
wildty
Dabbler

Just a futher update BT sport active  Grin and speed is improving.
However my land line has been dead all evening, possibly since the engineer visited.  Updated ticket with info and I am quite keen to have this sorted out asap as this is becoming most frustrating.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi wildty,
I'm glad to hear that we have a couple of issues resolved for you however I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've now seen with the phone line. I can see that this was tested, raised and an estimated fix time provided on the support ticket for you so hopefully we should see all problems cleared for you soon.
Please let us know how you get on with this fix and if you need anything more then just let us know.
wildty
Dabbler

Unfortunately not good news. Phone line fixed but now broadband is no longer working.
An unexpected bt open reach engineer turned up at my house to test my line today. Told him my phone was working again however the Internet was down. He checked the cabinet and advised it wasn't set up for me to have fibre (despite the fact I had been using the fibre connection fine foe the past few days). Infact he told me i must of been using adsl. I daid my connection was 40mb so no chance of it being adsl. he concluded that someone has been into the cabinet and converted my fibre line bk into an adsl one!
Not happy at all. In fact furious. I have raised a complaint ticket.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Really sorry to hear about this.
I wonder if the broadband issue was caused by the work done to fix the line.
I'm picking this up now.
I'm running diagnostics prior to getting this raised with our suppliers as a (fibre) broadband fault.

UPDATE: Glad to see we picked this up yesterday and a broadband engineer is due to visit tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
wildty
Dabbler

Thanks Adam.
Net back up now.  It seems though i now have have 30/20mb rather than 40/10. Is there anyway this can be altered?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi,
I would suspect that you have been provisioned on 80/20 (40/10 is set by PN profiles) and due to the quality or length of your line to the cabinet, you are only seeing 30 DS.
Can you please post the results of a BT wholesale speed test here - this should be run from an Ethernet connected device.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.