Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Openreach Appointments

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Missed Openreach Appointments

Hi wildty,
I've made Adam aware of your response and he'll be checking back on this later today.
wildty
Dabbler

Quote from: Townman

Can you please post the results of a BT wholesale speed test here - this should be run from an Ethernet connected device.

Its got better now.
Wholesale test came back at 37/14. Acceptable download speed range 40 - 69mbs. Upload I think it said 20.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: wildty
Secondly if an appointment is missed or not met by BT themselves then their should be an automated compensation process in place. The CS representative I spoke to was very helpful and refunded my first months broadband.  However I will now have to take another half day of work and I am now without an Internet connection for the next two days at least. A £7.50 refund does not really redress what I have now lossed in time and holiday allowance.  I DO NOT think it is fair either that plus net should directly compensate me but I feel BT should as it is their responsibility to install the line.

Have a read of http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
Also look at how much OpenReach pay Plusnet for the missed appointment: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

The change to the Abortive Visit Charge reflects inflationary changes in costs. However, Openreach has recognised that it is fair to make an equal change to the payment it makes to customers when an appointment fails due to Openreach issues.

Shame that BTOR puts twice the value on their time being wasted than it does on CP / ISP / EU wasted time.  They need an incentive to improve performance.  They should be obliged to pay twice as much for a no-show compared to what they levy for no-access.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.