Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold unavailable Plusnet Fibre.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Mis-sold unavailable Plusnet Fibre.

@Mustrum wrote:

It certainly seems a clear case of being miss sold, I certainly hope PN does the right thing and allows a release of contract, and adds in some competition - at the very least cover any migration costs. EE now does FTTP, so at least an opportunity to keep things in the same family without the extra costs BT would charge.

(my bold)

I presume you meant 'compensation' @Mustrum  Wink

Regarding BT versus EE on FTTP prices, BT prices for FTTP are often quite competitive.

I haven't compared recently, but at the time of last years Black Friday deals whilst searching on behalf of a friend, from what I saw BT were offering the cheapest prices, albeit on 24 month contracts.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@RobPN   oooopppsss well spotted, and of course I am too late to be able to edit my post.

I do know what you mean about deals though, but they come and go, and the OP should not have to rely on something being available at the moment. PN ought to be able to help them sort something out. 

Then again I am not sure EE would keep the phone line, or even transfer the number to a VOIP service, which I believe BT would -as some other FTTP suppliers do - more complications to consider.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Mustrum wrote:

Then again I am not sure EE would keep the phone line, or even transfer the number to a VOIP service, which I believe BT would -as some other FTTP suppliers do - more complications to consider.

@Mustrum   Again, I've not checked for a while, but ISTR EE specifically stated that they would not provide a phone service with their FTTP offering, BICBW.

So I guess if EE FTTP was chosen the phone number could either be transferred to another provider (back to BT copper ?  Roll_eyes  Cheesy ) or ported to a VoIP service.

Chelsea08
Hooked

Dear Maddy

I have rang the number you kindly sent me and left an alternative number on voicemail. When the phone rang this morning I answered it and it cut off straight-away. I am available during the day to discuss as I would like a resolution. Thank you.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Chelsea08 

@Mads wrote:

... I have created a complaint support ticket for you here. I'll try and contact you again on Monday. Feel free to respond to that ticket if there's a suitable time/date/number to reach you on or if you have any further comments. 

@Mads (or someone covering for them) is more likely to see your response if you post to that ticket.  Log into the use portal in another browser window, then return to this window and click the link above.  That should ensure that you route correctly to the ticket.  Attempting to do so whilst not logged in forces the user through the logon process ... which afterwards does not always route the user correctly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.