Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration in from Talktalk

shadow4dog
Grafter

Migration in from Talktalk

Hi,
I persuaded my sister to migrate her Talktalk line to Plusnet so we put an order into Plusnet website on Saturday May 25th.
She has two Talktalk lines... One which carries her voice calls the other which does the broadband... A quick history... she used to have both voice and data on one line and it was with BT. It managed about 1Mb. She migrated her line to Talktalk and it achieved about 2Mb. She eventually ordered a second line with Talktalk and it syncs at about about 7 - 8Mb.
Currently Plusnet are trying to get a line access ID because they don't know which is ours. Can someone at Plusnet please look at  Question #70028071 as it's coming on for 2 weeks and nothings yet been ordered.
Thanks
Tim
17 REPLIES 17
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Migration in from Talktalk

Tim,
The difference between the lines is quite interesting.  If each line was on a similar service provision (up to 8meg say) then the difference somewhat points to markedly different quality D-Side / E-Side pairs as the 'out from the exchange' infrastructure is all BTOR.
Does your sister know the phone numbers associated with both lines?  Can they be used by PN to progress this migration?  I trust you are migrating the 'better' line?

Regards,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shadow4dog
Grafter

When my sister was with BT the Openreach engineers were helpful and told us exactly what the issue was. D-side is perfect (and short about 100m) but the Eside pair is suffering from some kind of resistance fault which they weren't going to repair.. BT weren't at all helpful in getting that fault progressed with Openreach so she moved to Talktalk.
We have given Plusnet the phone number with the line we want them to take over but that doesn't seem to have helped them. I'm not sure if the other number would help them given that we want that one left as it is! We're migrating the worse line to Plusnet. In the coming months FTTC is going to be turned on, which as I understand, it's the D-side that needs to be good for that? If we can't get that one working with FTTC then we can migrate the other.
shadow4dog
Grafter

So my sisters had a response from Plusnet:
We have had a response from talk talk and they are saying that your phone number is not active with them.
As i believe this to be in correct because both the lines at the property are registered to talk talk I have sent and email back to them asking them to check again.

But Plusnet aren't going to look at this again until Saturday and we're already nearly half-way through our 30 day migration and no order has been presented to BT. I'm starting to get very worried.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Sadly, the time to worry was just before your sister went to TalkTalk.
There are unfortunately no end of tales of woe on these forums of people having difficultly migrating away from TT especially LLU subscribers.
Hope PN can get this sorted for you.
Regards,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shadow4dog
Grafter

Yes indeed. Talktalk aren't my preferred supplier either. My sister went the LLU route because they felt let down by BT... though that's very much like jumping out of the pan into the fire.
Still I'm the one who's going to be in the doghouse with a move to Plusnet... especially if the numbers lost.  Embarrassed
shadow4dog
Grafter

Talktalk are now saying there's nothing wrong there end and it's all down to Plusnet not doing it right. And I'm in the middle. And so far no one from Plusnet can be bothered to help me!
That's my feedback. Plusnet are great in the adverts but when you have to deal with them they're as bad as the rest.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry for the delayed response. I've taken a look over the account and can see that we have tried to retrieve details from TalkTalk to no avail. Yesterday we asked your sister if she could call them requesting some specific information, do you know if this has been done?
shadow4dog
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thanks for replying. We're liaising with Talktalk and will hopefully get the Line Access ID from Talktalk Customer Services. I'm not holding my breath though.  Roll_eyes
Looking at the guide from OFCOM? located here http://www.offta.org.uk/IndustryBes%20PracticeGuide-Migrations&HomemoversJan2011.pdf it talks of the SP obtaining the Line Access ID using Dialogue Services which I assume Plusnet have tried to do but failed? I'm confused because the ticket history is just Plusnet saying they were passing it onto Talktalk... no mention of failing with Dialogue services?
Thanks
Tim
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Let me know how you or your sister gets on. We obtained Two line access IDs from dialogue services. That's why we went to Talk Talk, to work out whcih was the right one.
shadow4dog
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thank you for help. My sister has cancelled her order with Plusnet which is a shame. Especially after she had a long call with support who implied that it might be quicker to order a new line... but that would be three sets of line rental we'd be paying! I It would have helped if support had told me that you already had the line access ids so that I could've emailed them to my contact at Talktalk. Mute point now though.
We did come across an issue with privacy settings on Talktalk which we reckon might have made Talktalk less than helpful and I asked for support to try again next week but Plusnet were unwilling or unable to talk to their suppliers again. So it was stalemate.
We're gonna see if BT retail can have a go now that our privacy settings are switched off. It might return the number to Talktalks database. Worth a go I think. If not then BT will install the line for free and obtain the dead number form Talktalk... That's what they told us... I wait to see if that actually happens!
In any case I'm personally still with Plusnet and very pleased with them... Talktalk is now a dirty word in our family so that's the positive I'm taking away.
Thanks for all your help.
Tim
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Tim,
Sorry to hear that your sister has decided to cancel.
If she does decide to change her mind or if there's anything I can do please let me know and I'll make sure I personally deal with the account.
Not to sure what Talk Talk are on about with the privacy settings though, either way I hope it all gets sorted.
Chris
James
Grafter

Tim,
If she does change her mind I have a senior contact within TT who should be able to help and he owes me a favour Smiley
shadow4dog
Grafter

Hi James and Chris,
Thanks for your input and if she changes her mind then I'll contact you directly.
Have a lovely weekend.
Tim
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Tim,
It will be interesting to hear how she fares with Indian call centres if (when) she runs into difficulty!
Today after 6 months of PN head-bashing BTOR I think my line issue might be close to resolution.  Achieving such a result from BT Retail through an Indian call centre does not seem likely.

Good luck,
Kevin