Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated away to .......

Dojomat
Grafter

Migrated away to .......

Well, no longer with PN.
Admitted that support did solve a few problems; eventually;  in my many years with them.
Spoke re: other issues but they were unwilling to resolve. Mainly re: account type and legacy packages.
Anyway, I have moved, reluctantly, but decided I would pay the extra for an e-mail only account at £20 for the year and gain limited access
to the site.
I thought this would maintain contact and save the disruption of emails.
You have to request this at the time of termination.
This was done. They confirmed that deduction would be made from the same account etc.
WRONG.!!
Email account now gone, no access to site etc. Spoke to them on telephone since no access. 'Sorry we can't help" and they conveniently don't have any records of conversation.
Have another account with plusnet which we will also be migrating in due course mainly due to their
incompetance or lies, not sure which  Angry
Anyone who is considering moving please bear this in mind and dont bother.
So long and thanks for the fish Crazy

26 REPLIES 26
Not applicable

Re: Migrated away to .......

Well, that's not good at all but my friend jmdlp has done exactly what you have and her email account is still up and running so this is not typical by the sound of it.  Maybe someone will be able to help.  Anyway, hope that your new ISP is OK and you have a trouble-free connection.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When you migrate your broadband out you can ask for your account to be downgraded to dialup PAYG which is FREE. That keeps your email alive.
Why you were told that you'd have to pay £20 I can't imagine - unless you asked to be able to send via the PN mail servers (not necessary as you can generally send via any ISP specifying the 'from' address as being whatever you want).
The idea of PN allowing the free email is as goodwill in the hope that one day you might return - seems like they've well and truly blown that in your case!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jmd
Grafter

Yes, I use the free email service called PAYG and had no problems with that.  I  only moved to save money not because of any problems with service - however, I do have a slightly faster consistent service now.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: jmdlp
Yes, I use the free email service called PAYG

Same here (though it's only a peripheral service for me, maybe #10 of 11), and I keep my referrals too (with the odd small payment)  Smiley
I moved for business reasons, as I needed a service that PN just couldn't provide, but I still recommend them to people where appropriate.
Dojomat
Grafter

Hi All
Thanks to the people that have replied to queries and headaches over the years. You help in more ways than can be said.
Re: .... All correct!  The £20.00 offer is in their termination information and can be requested (if you want) as it still allows you to log in and obtain limited help and of course get emails via the usual route if indeed they can get it right.
Anyway made sure no more payment can be taken.... Just in case they have forgotten to stop the payment requests Wink  too.
Feedback is only useful if acted upon. I hope that PN can do so to help those that remain.
My New supplier has yet to earn any criticism either way.
Closed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Feedback is only useful if acted upon. I hope that PN can do so to help those that remain.

That's where I come in, I'm going to look over your old account in detail and give feedback where any mistakes have been made.
I'm very sorry this hasn't been handled in the best way possible, I have resurrected the account on a free PAYG basis for now, otherwise let me know if there's anything else you need from us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dojomat
Grafter

Hi
Thanks Adam. Not sure how  I would access the PAYG emails. Perhaps you could enlighten me?
Pleased to see thath comments are taken seriously.
Dojomat
TicnTac
Grafter

You know this thread is missing something?

and of course not forgetting:

>

Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Dojomat,
The easiest way to access mail using a free PAYG (pay-as-you-go) account is by using webmail on our website, you would just login with the account username and password to access and send messages. Otherwise this can be done using a mail client like Outlook, let me know if you decide to go for the latter option so I can give you some guidance on altering a few settings to allow you to send mail.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I use Outlook to access my PAYG PN email.
Incoming is easy via mail.plus.net, pretty standard login/setup.
For outgoing (extremely rare anyway for me) I use my own SMTP server (or my ISP's).
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Otherwise this can be done using a mail client like Outlook, let me know if you decide to go for the latter option so I can give you some guidance on altering a few settings to allow you to send mail.

I hope you didn't mean using authenticated SMTP via the PN servers as it isn't available to dialup PAYG users!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I hope you didn't mean using authenticated SMTP via the PN servers as it isn't available to dialup PAYG users!

No I didn't mean that jelv which is why I didn't mention it. I'll be offering the customer advice on specifying the outgoing mailserver of the new ISP should they decide to go down that route.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dojomat
Grafter

Hi Adam
No access to webmail. Does not recognise my settings.
I am familiar with the username+account etc but these do not work and also setting up the usual mail progs.
No access using just username and password (all original name, passwords etc.)
I presume you are able to get the details from original registration through forum and have re-instated them?
regards
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Have you tried sending emails to those mailboxes? Do they get bounced?