Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe one for the SU

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Maybe one for the SU

Is it just me or has there been a definite lack of staff interaction on weekends now ?   have plusnet moved to 5 days a week support ?

Has this been asked by the SU group ,

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
16 REPLIES 16
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Maybe one for the SU

Yes you can't help noticing that questions that really need proper answers from plusnet staff are getting ignored.

Or there's simply no staff to answer them.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@rongtw wrote:
have plusnet moved to 5 days a week support ?

Not as far as we are aware, but there is a limited amount of free resource for Community activity over the weekend. Embarrassed

It has been commented on.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@rongtw wrote:

Is it just me or has there been a definite lack of staff interaction on weekends now ?   have plusnet moved to 5 days a week support ?

We're definitely open weekends and we do respond where we can.

@billnotben wrote:

Yes you can't help noticing that questions that really need proper answers from plusnet staff are getting ignored.

Or there's simply no staff to answer them.

If I've missed any please let me know, It's not our intention. We know we're light on here today but we're busy than we expected on Twitter & Facebook I'm guessing the weather hasn't helped.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@JonoH whilst i agree the weather has been bad this weekend which would have caused several problems .

But it is not Just weekend where there has been a noticeable lack of input from PN staff , if you look through the forums you will see quite a few posts that have been posted on Friday and had no replies from plusnet until the Monday Ticked_off  Yes they have been answered by people here , But the forum members are NOT adhock PN staff and do not have all the tools Staff have access too .

Also you will no doubt have realised not everyone has a Bookface or twit account and rely on the forum for help , and i would like to think the forum is the first port of call for Customers .

What needs to be fed back to the management is that it has been noticed that there is a lack of staffing on the forum and it needs addressing urgently

Fourvees
Dabbler

Don't know what is going on at Plusnet but I do know that I have had to resort to the Forums because I reported a problem 2 weeks ago and still do not have a resolution and worst no response since Tuesday 17/10/2017.

The problem looks like a DNS server issue not just a speed issue , connections to sites taking so much time I get a timeout on everysite I visit and it's been like this for 2 weeks. 

I was looking to see if anyone else was getting issues or indeed poor service from Plusnet 

Shouldn't need Plusnet Engineer service 99.9% of the time but when I have a problem I need to feel sure that it is being addressed, after 2 weeks I'm wondering if service is a thing of the past at Plusnet ?

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I haven't had to use PN support for a while now thankfully, but it was notable that when I last did a few months ago my question went unanswered for more than 5 days, despite many staff being online over that period.

It was very noticeable that I got a response from the FB page within 20 mins, which only leads me to believe that PN don't really support the forum as they used too.

JonoH
Hero

@rongtw wrote:

if you look through the forums you will see quite a few posts that have been posted on friday and had no replys from plusnet untill the monday Ticked_off  Yes they have been answerd by people here , But the forum members are NOT adhock PN staff and do not have all the tools Staff have acccess too .

Whilst I appreciate and understand that it's frustrating getting limited responses on the forums over weekends, we do this because the demand for support over Twitter and Facebook is much higher than here and it makes sense to focus our efforts where demand is greatest. We're also lucky enough to have a helpful and knowledgeable community that choose to help users when they're able.

Jono H
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@JonoH i have just looked at PN facebook page , seams there not a lot of staff there either customers still awaiting replys Sad

It's a brand new week and we're here until 10pm tonight to help with more questions and queries!

LikeShow More Reactions
Comment
Comments
Ron Willsher Snr
Write a comment...

Charlotte Weston
Charlotte Weston I have also sent a pm and had no reply

LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply · 58 mins
Manage
Jason Powell
Jason Powell I have sent a PM nearly an hour ago. No reply.....

LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply · 1 hr
JonoH
Hero

Hi @rongtw 

yeah, Mobile (based elsewhere) are currently open till 10pm whereas we're only open til 6:30pm on a Sunday. We're looking at our opening hours but for the moment they're out of sync. 

Also, our volumes where much higher than predicted this weekend, we're currently looking at why and what we can do to mitigate this risk in the future but we think it may be because of the recent bad weather disrupting connections and so increasing the likelyhood that customers would contact us but more analysis is required.

Jono H
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@rongtw wrote:

It certainly has ... and a number of not-yet-responded to topics have been highlighted to the team.

@JonoH,

Whilst I appreciate and understand that it's frustrating getting limited responses on the forums over weekends, we do this because the demand for support over Twitter and Facebook is much higher than here and it makes sense to focus our efforts where demand is greatest. We're also lucky enough to have a helpful and knowledgeable community that choose to help users when they're able.

I fear that you have illustrated all too clearly the difficulty of having far too many contact channels.  If user engagement has to be permitted via TwitFace channels then it should be no more than to signpost people to this forum ... where the delivery of answers will be provided for the individual having difficulty AND to facilitate a searchable resource for others having similar issues.

Anything resolved within the TwitFace channels is not reusable and therefore is not the most effective use of support resource. As with anything else raised here, there is a fair chance that non-staff members of the forum might be able to offer assistance within this space (as you noted), which they are not able to do on TwitFace channels.

Such a change in strategy has been discussed within the SU channels, but that discussion has not yet been concluded.  I suggest that there is great merit in using TwitFace to capture people requiring assistance, but directing the resolution to the forum space ... in a manner similar to that used by other large organisations.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Townman is there any Board where we could see what has been asked by the SU group ?

Just in case the regulars could highlight something that needs addressing that you may have missed .

I believe it has been metioned that TwitFace should have a direct link to here previously , but no action taken by PN

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

All of the SU boards are private.

Lets be clear not everything we raise is going to be fixed - either immediately or ever ... We are though having open and useful discussions over issues and priorities.

bin
Aspiring Pro

@JonoH,

I fear that you have illustrated all too clearly the difficulty of having far too many contact channels.  If user engagement has to be permitted via TwitFace channels then it should be no more than to signpost people to this forum ... where the delivery of answers will be provided for the individual having difficulty AND to facilitate a searchable resource for others having similar issues.

Anything resolved within the TwitFace channels is not reusable and therefore is not the most effective use of support resource. As with anything else raised here, there is a fair chance that non-staff members of the forum might be able to offer assistance within this space, which they are not able to do on TwitFace channels.

Such a change in strategy has been discussed within the SU channels, but that discussion has not yet been concluded.  I suggest that there is great merit in using TwitFace to capture people requiring assistance, but directing the resolution to the forum space ... in a manner similar to that used by other large organisations.

Sadly it is this chaotic, ever changing and undocumented support process that has been the deciding factor in my jumping ship. Soshul Meeja is not a support platform, it is ephemeral, useless for historical info (good way to bury bad news) and forces people to sign up to Facebook with all the issues that can bring with it.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

here is a good Bookface Post by a PN customer

I'm really unhappy with plusnet. Been trying to contact you all day to report a fault but customer support is never available. Held in queue on chat line for nearly an hour then you cut me off.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Stacey McLeod I have been waiting over an hour and still no answer! It was the same yesterday too. I've had no internet since thur and still waiting on someone calling me back!! Ridiculous customer service