cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Market 2 Exchange.

tedsloan
Dabbler

Market 2 Exchange.

My local - LISBURN - Exchange has four LLU operators plus BT. I thought this would have qualified it to be a Market 3 Exchange but it has been classified a Market 2 . Can anyone please explain this to me as it appears from what I have read elsewhere on the Forum that it should have the higher grade.  I have in mind of course taking advantage of the discounted pricing that has been introduced by PlusNet
7 REPLIES 7
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Market 2 Exchange.

A few possibilities:
1.  There were less than 10,000 subscribers at the exchange at the latest 'survey' taken by Ofcom
2.  There were fewer than 4 'alternative' operators at the last 'survey' taken by Ofcom
3.  The latest data is not being used.
Check your exchange at Kitz' site:  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php and see what it says.
B.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74120.0.html
Looking your exchange up from the links in that post (the latest I could find on the OFCOM site) you are on a Market 3 exchange.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tedsloan
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74120.0.html
Looking your exchange up from the links in that post (the latest I could find on the OFCOM site) you are on a Market 3 exchange.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I can see from the OFCOM site that I am down as a Market 3 Exchange. I also see from KITZ that there the Exchange is Market 2 but this last  site gives me one more LLU operator in UK Online over those stated by SAMKNOWS. There are 21,259 premises on the LISBURN Exchange.
I wonder where PLUSNET gets it's information when it comes to your Market number.
I found this morning when I phoned my ISP Help Line that I got through to an Indian Call Centre. Very helpful but had great problems with his accent and do not feel confident about pushing for an upgrade in my Market number !! A lot would be lost in the translation.

tedsloan
Dabbler

A miracle !
Yesterday my Exchange was Market 2......  this morning it has been changed to Market 3 and has allowed me to upgrade my Product with PlusNet to 10gb at £5.99 per month.
All very strange and timely.
Lurker
Grafter

Yeah, PN have just updated their list, so now more exchanges are classed as Market 3.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

All thanks to Kitz who has done some serious digging behind the scenes as to why the list she had was showing more exchanges than Plusnet or SamKnows.
I understand SamKnows has now updated his list as well.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
zubel
Community Veteran

I understand from a little birdie that anyone who signed up when their exchange was misclassified will have their accounts "fixed" so they will be paying the correct amount.
B.