cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BroadBand your way Option 3 ... did i order incorrectly ??

ghostrider
Dabbler

BroadBand your way Option 3 ... did i order incorrectly ??

Hi,
Just a quickey all,i went live on the 9th of Febuary ok ... now when i ordered i am sure i ordered the pro package as i do quite a bit of gaming ok , when i logged in to view my usage (as this is only 15 gig usage) or so i thought , it said" such and such ... of 30 gig used "  Huh  now correct me if im wrong but until recently the pro package was £19.55 a month ?? so i ordered ... i have looked since and found the package i wanted at £19.99 with the 15 gig cap ... im very confused here can someone from +Net help me out here ?Huh
Many Thanks
Shaun.
11 REPLIES 11
Spider
Grafter

Re: BroadBand your way Option 3 ... did i order incorrectly ??

Can't help with your dilemma but can explain the price difference. Legacy Pro package £19.55 and new Pro package (as of today) £19.99 with less features. If you should be on Pro make sure you end up on Legacy Pro and not the new Pro package.
ghostrider
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply spider , so let me get this straight the £19.99 package is worse than the £19.55 package Huh  Huh
techguy
Grafter

Yep
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Correct - you can't host domains, no webspace.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Spider
Grafter

Legacy Pro was £19.99 but with the reduction of VAT from 17.5% to 15% Plusnet reduced the price to £19.55. When VAT goes up again then Legacy Pro should revert to £19.99 and new Pro will go over the £20.00 mark unless Plusnet decide to lower the nett cost at that point.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Based on the fact that you ordered the wrong product by mistake, I'll be happy to move you on to BBYW Pro if you want me to.
Spider
Grafter

Jameseh, nice gesture and I guess ghostrider will snap you hand off.
WWWombat
Grafter

I've looked at the sales page on the new Pro product, but can't see any mention of those 2 restrictions. What's the PN definition of "can't host domains"? Is that crippled traffic on port 80?
Mike
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
ghostrider
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh
Hiya,
Based on the fact that you ordered the wrong product by mistake, I'll be happy to move you on to BBYW Pro if you want me to.

Cheers buddy but i think its going through on my next billing date .... but if ya like you can do it sooner rather than later .. also i cant see any big jump in ping times,but my training period anit over till tommorrow ... so maybe you could have a look at that for me,that would be just exellent  Smiley Smiley
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: WWWombat
I've looked at the sales page on the new Pro product, but can't see any mention of those 2 restrictions. What's the PN definition of "can't host domains"? Is that crippled traffic on port 80?
Mike

The legacy (BBYW) Pro product came with 250MB of webspace and allowed you to host up to 5 domains on it. The webspace allowance as been removed from the refreshed Pro package and does not feature on the new Value and Unlimited packages.
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: Spider
The legacy (BBYW) Pro product came with 250MB of webspace and allowed you to host up to 5 domains on it. The webspace allowance as been removed from the refreshed Pro package and does not feature on the new Value and Unlimited packages.

Phew. I was thinking it wouldn't be much of a Pro package if it stopped HTTP traffic arriving at your IP address  Shocked
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.