cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Disappointment in plusnet already!

Stilwell
Dabbler

Re: Major Disappointment in plusnet already!

Chris
Whilst waiting for any trickle of information to appear i have been looking though your forums and note that in similar situations people on the forums have had engineers booked for the next day or a couple of days later (A few were even complaining about the short notice) but yet i am lumped with 2 weeks...... What the hell gives?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

In the scenarios you have seen this is normally where an appointment was booked and no engineer was assigned(normally due to resource) and our suppliers will expedite the order to a date ASAP. When this is not the case they will give us the earliest appointment available through their standard lead times.
I know it's not what you want to hear but I'm am just letting you know the process.
If this can be brought forward we will do all we can, we would not get a new date until either later today but probably Monday now.

Stilwell
Dabbler

Chris
So in the case where an engineer was assigned but lied about visiting the site i get screwed over!
I really do hope you can get this date brought forward as this is more than inconvenient to me.
I am going to have to use holiday days on days next week that i had booked to work from home to allow access to my premises for some painting as without internet its impossible to work from home!
My home broadband is heavily used (Hence moving to fibre) and being without it for 2 weeks is going to put strain on my work along with a couple of groups i volunteer at and maintain their social media aspect.
Basically because of a lying BT engineer my life is going to be a nightmare for the foreseeable future!
This is not only causing me stress and headaches but costing me money!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We'll fight your case all we can, yes there is the chance they will back their engineer but we'd need to see what they come back to us with.
I appreciate your frustration and I'll keep you up-to-date.
Stilwell
Dabbler

Thanks Chris
Please keep me informed of ANY developments!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Stilwell,
Just letting you know that a new appointment has been booked so please see ticket 66486456 for details. In case you weren't aware you'd need to head to http://contactus.plus.net to do that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stilwell
Dabbler

Adam
Thanks for the info however that ticket isn't appearing on my support center?
Thanks
Stilwell
Dabbler

Adam
Could you please send me details of the new install date ASAP as i need to arrange work cover.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, I'm not sure why that might be. I've added details to a new ticket ( 66630779 ) and have dropped you an SMS.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stilwell
Dabbler

Adam
I can now access the new ticket, I have also spent the last hour on the phone to support as the "New" appointment you have confirmed is the 14th which has been assigned to me for the last 4 days so think we differ on the meaning of the term "New".
This is pretty [Censored] poor service and whilst i understand that this is a failing on BT's part you must understand that i chose to go with yourselves not BT and my contract (Which started on the 28th) is with Plusnet NOT BT so you and your companies continued standpoint that there is nothing you can do to speed this up because of BT is of little comfort to me.
Just to clear things up let me summarize the current situation.
28th Feb - No engineer arrives onsite - When phoning PN was told that the line commission wasn't completed in time (This is backed up by the fact your system shows the line became active at 8.26PM)
1st March - PN call to tell me that the BT OpenReach engineer did attempt to visit me and call me (I dispute this completely as had no missed calls or messages on voicemail, Also no card was left in my letterbox)
When speaking with people i was told that the 14th was assigned as a worst case scenario and that they would get the project escalated to get an earlier date (I have been told this numerous times)
4th March - Adam leaves a forum note saying a "New" appointment has been created - I assumed this was the escalation and due to the ticket being lost i called and spent an hour on the phone only to be told no escalation has been allowed.
The fact here is that there have been lies from BT which will leave me without a connection for 2 weeks and all your support team can say is how much they agree with me but their hands are tied!
PN - My advise to you is to renegotiate your place with BT and stop bending over and taking it as you look useless to your customers!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,

I get exactly what your'e saying and I haven't discounted or forgotten about any of the issues that have occurred so far.
Unfortunately due to the circumstances of the issues that have happened, the aspect of this that we were hoping to be able to use as leverage to get the order expedited is in dispute which means we're not able to go down that path I'm afraid and to be realistic an expedite request may not have been able to bring that date much further forward I'm afraid.
the "New" appointment you have confirmed is the 14th which has been assigned to me for the last 4 days so think we differ on the meaning of the term "New".

You'll have to forgive me for that as this was the first mention of that date I was able to see on your account.
PN - My advise to you is to renegotiate your place with BT and stop bending over and taking it as you look useless to your customers!

I realize this isn't ideal but I also feel that we do owe you a goodwill gesture which I will detail on your ticket shortly. As we supply you and not BT it's up to us to do this in what ever way we can. I'm just sorry that we're not able to do that in the form of bringing the order date forward.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stilwell
Dabbler

Adam
Thanks for responding and providing the good will gesture obviously it doesn't solve my lack of internet however it is very much appreciated.
I do hope that there are no further issues and that the 14th comes around and that the install goes quickly and smoothly.
I feel there is no point arguing about this anymore as i have heard enough on hold music in the last few days to last a lifetime but i really do hope that you feed back to the higher up's how ridiculous and powerless BT have made you look so that maybe something can be done to avoid this situation in the future (Pushing for proof of lack of access would be the first idea)
Thanks
Richard
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
I hope everything goes to plan on the 14th for you too. I'll be ready to get straight on the case if anything crops up though.
(Pushing for proof of lack of access would be the first idea)

I totally agree and this is a particular point i'm pushing in terms of the feedback I'm giving to our suppliers at the moment, I'd like to see a system in place such as engineers leaving  card with their name and time of attendance on there or to perhaps use a system that some delivery companies use by taking a photograph of the property as proof of them attending.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pod000
Grafter

I would of thought that having an engineer  physically put a card through someone's door would be the safest way for us customers.  That way they couldn't just take a photo  and be off.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That way they couldn't just take a photo  and be off.

I see what you mean, I fear that it could be just as easy to pop a card through and leave but at least the customer would be likely to hear that happen and hence be alerted to it.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team