cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Disappointment in plusnet already!

Stilwell
Dabbler

Major Disappointment in plusnet already!

Well after choosing plusnet over BT for my fibre install following some issues parents had with BT (They at least had no down time) i am already rather disappointed!
I ordered and selected the 3 suitable days for install, Then got an message to say that the install had been booked for 3 days after my selected dates but that didn't worry me too much as so long as i didn't have a long outage i didn't mind a delay.
So i booked the day off using valuable holiday and waited in all day but no one turned up.
I phoned the support line that evening and was told that BT had not completed the committing of the phone line and that they could not tell me when it would be completed
My existing broadband shut off that morning so have no broadband now and no idea when they can fix it!
I am extremely unhappy that i have wasted a whole day of holiday and have been left completely cut off!
I really don't understand what the point of agreeing a time is when they cannot meet it!
Its gone from bad to worse now as while writing this i was on hold (Another 30 mins on hold just to be cut off and then another 20 mins when i called back to speak to the correct team so a total of 50 mins) and have been told that due to BT openreach messing up they are going to have to place a new order for the Fibre which they dont think they will be allowed to expedite so i may be without broadband for 2 weeks!
You claim "We'll do you proud" proud of what i must ask?
Seeming not to think its a big deal that i waste a day's holiday and may have to waste more!
Seeming not to think its a big deal that i may have to go 2 weeks without broadband!
Getting to the point that i am tempted to cancel the whole package with you and go else where
At least my previous company didn't just leave me with no connection ever!
43 REPLIES 43
Stilwell
Dabbler

Re: Major Disappointment in plusnet already!

Well just got a phone call from plusnet to tell me that apparently BT tried to call me and visited my house (Complete bulls**t as i was by my phone the whole day and i can see the carpark from my flat and no one ever arrived).
Basically my only option is to accept the next available appointment (14th march) and have no broadband until that date.
At this point plusnet you are costing me money in extra holiday days and all because some BT engineer is lying!
Thanks for nothing plusnet!
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Stilwell
apparently BT tried to call me and visited my house (Complete bulls**t as i was by my phone the whole day and i can see the carpark from my flat and no one ever arrived).

Check this out: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/aboutus/equivalence/downloads/Key_messages_for_GEA_FTTC_enginee...
If there is no access when you arrive, try to contact the end user on the contact numbers you’ve been given. The only exception to this is when the end user has confirmed during ring ahead that access won’t be provided within the appointment slot. Try all the contact numbers provided if the end user hasn’t answered. This is especially important if you are visiting business premises, where a number of people, including the CP service contact, might have been added to the contact list to make sure that somebody is available. If you don’t make contact, make sure you update your notes, adding the numbers you called and mentioning if you left a message or not – giving the house door colour as the key identifier for premises. If the end user has declined access or there is another reason why you can’t gain access, please make this clear as well. Having this information in our systems helps us when we’re explaining the situation back to the CPs. Also remember to take a photo of the premises (the front of the house, including the door) If you have a smartphone with a camera, and send the picture via the ‘User no access’ app on your phone.
Also leave an A108 card through the post-box. Again, this helps us when we’re explaining what’s happened to CPs. If you can’t leave an A108 make sure you explain why on the notes so we can let the CP know.

I would hope BT have left PN with this information if the engineer claims he was unable to get access!!
Stilwell
Dabbler

I checked the mail slot and there was nothing in it this morning when i left for work so how he can say he tried to attend is such rubbish!
Its just disgusting that they treat customers like this, I just don't know what to do at the moment as i am meant to be working from home mid next week to allow access to flat for some maintaince but without broadband i am instead going to have to take another days holiday!
AndyH
Grafter

Hopefully someone from PN will pick up on this.
It's one thing if an engineer is unable to attend due to over running appointments etc. (which does happen), but it's another thing if the engineer lied about attending and not being able to get access. If he claims he could not get access/contact you, he will have proof of this (if he followed BT's manual for FTTC engineers) and PN should request such proof.
Stilwell
Dabbler

Plus Net are really pushing my buttons today, Just had notifications "We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now closed Question number"
Thanks plusnet so basically you have closed all the tickets to make your stats look better but havnt helped me out at all!
Gonna look round this afternoon and see if i can find someone else to move to unless PN can push this up as i cannot go 2 weeks without broadband!
AndyH
Grafter

I'm sure PN will pick up on this thread soon and try to sort things out for you.
The very least I would expect (if the engineer lied about being unable to get access) is an appointment within the next few days. PN/BT should treat this very seriously.
Stilwell
Dabbler

I do hope you are right andy!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that your install didn't go ahead yesterday, I've taken a look into this and the engineer notes and it says that they attempted to call you? I can follow this up and feed it back to our suppliers but unfortunately at the moment the 14th March is the earliest date that we've been provided with.
The ticket that got closed was a separate ticket that was generated as part of the failed install and your provisioning ticket will remain open until this is completed.
Apologies for this and I'll do any feedback necessary.
Chris

everhopeful
Dabbler

If I was you, I would find someone else, as I made the mistake of moving from BT to Plusnet, as BT were puting their charges up again - but I wish I had stayed with them and paid their increased charges.  Ever since being with PN all we get is an intermittent signal, if we get one at all, engineers that say they will attend and never turn up, engineers that are booked and then mysteriously unbooked and as you say, when you phone up PN you are either cut off after 17 mins or told this is a line problem, not theirs.  Go elsewhere while you can.
Stilwell
Dabbler

Chris
Thanks for replying, As i previously stated BT's claim that they called me and visited is a lie.
I was home all day in clear view of the carpark and no one called or arrived.
I would request that you ask BT for the photo of their attempted visit along with the number they tried to call me on.
In regards to the 14th that is not acceptable as it will mean i will have no broadband for 2 weeks and as i previously stated that is not suitable.
Unless you are able to escalate this and get me an earlier visit i am going to have to go elsewhere are that is really not good enough.
I also question why if it was that the engineer tried to visit as claimed did i get told when i called that evening that the visit had been cancelled due to an issue completing the phone line setup?
I am getting very frustrated with getting different information from everyone and feeling like no one is even trying to help me get this sorted.
Saying that you will come install it on the 14th is not good enough!
AndyH
Grafter

He should also have left an A108 card (no access card) and put it in your letter box. If he didn't leave this card, he should have put a note on the system why he did not leave a card.
PN should be able to find out about this and report back to you.
Stilwell
Dabbler

No card was in my letter box when i left for work this morning!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We have a process that we have to go through to escalate this with our suppliers which I will go through, they can then review this and maybe then they would bring this date forward, but as I mentioned the 14th is the earliest one currently available and can only apologise for.
Unfortunately a A108 card is not obligatory.
Stilwell
Dabbler

Chris
Yes please escalate this, When will you know whether they can push the date up?
Thanks