Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

If they do offer justmail at £1.69 a month then i would asume that the email address would still be active irrespective of the ISP/phone supplier?
KevinG
Rising Star

Correct, it's completely independent of it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

1: The @totalise.co.uk email account can be retained free of charge (as its not madasafish)

Retaining email is free if you're keeping phone and broadband or just broadband with us.
If you're one one of the non-Plusnet brands apart from Metronet it's email only so you'll need a Justmail account which is chargeable at £1.69 per month
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all, as this thread is getting longer than my beard some questions have been repeated now so I thought this would be a good juncture to provide a bit of FAQ.
I'll be monitoring the thread for responses again on Monday in case any more questions crop up:
How is this being communicated to customers?
By letter, email and by phone.

Do I need to do anything to keep my services?
Yes, please contact us as per the communications you've received before December 15th in order to retain migrate your services to Plusnet

Why is this happening?
We're consolidating our older brands to enseure our customer have the best value-for-money deal

Where are Plusnet's Terms & Conditions if I need to see them?

Right here: http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html

Can I keep my email address?

Yes, we're able to retain the existing account structure for Metronet Customers.  Customers on other non-Plusnet brands such as Madasafish or IC24 will need to contact us to set up a Justmail account.

I just have a phone service (i.e no broadband) with Madasafish, can I keep that with you?
Only if you're able to take up a Plusnet broadband service along with it. Otherwise you'll need to find an alternate provider for this but we'll make sure we offer you a good deal.

What happens if the activation date of my Plusnet account is different to my old account?

We'll arrange a pro-rata refund for you for the interim period.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
madasafishbbbb

Thanks for the update - but you have not mentioned Madasafish web space / domain name hosting. How can I retain that service?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: MattyC
In terms of whether you are able to retain the webspace or not, the answer is no. If you wish to have webspace, you could set up a Business account; otherwise, it may be worth looking into getting webspace from a third party. I am really sorry if anybody has been advised otherwise at any point.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Silversage

Adam,
I have just spent 25 minutes on the line to a young man in a call centre on your 0800 number.
He knew very little about madasafish transfers and kept referring to his manager.
I have a mail only account and initially after he understood what I was saying and got guidance he told me I could keep my 'madasafish e-mail address but it would be an extra £189 f" for the storage"
I was quite willing to pay that and asked him to process it.
He then sought more clearance and came back and commenced trying to sell me the whole phone and broadband package...which I didn't want.
He then told me I couldn't keep the e-mail address without buying the whole package.
When I asked him to clarify that , as he had previously said I could for £1.89 extra, he " bumped me" i.e. hung up.
If the only way to process/action this maintenance of my e-mail address is through that call centre ( where they clearly have a lot of trainees and not enough supervisors by the way I could hear the manager/supervisor calling answers to other call handlers across the floor..
What do you suggest I do now?
Go back to the same number and start all over again? ( the call was between 15.00 and 15.45 today 10th November.)
This is really important to me as my banking; electricity notifications, pay pal, eBay, multiple insurances, Ringo Parking receipts, Visa card invoices etc etc etc all go through my @madasafish.com address.
It would be a nightmare to try to notify all of these organisations, and if I try and it goes wrong any one of them can incur financial penalties for failing to respond to their contact Crazy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

He knew very little about madasafish transfers and kept referring to his manager.

Sorry to hear that, however I'm glad they were checking if unsure.
( where they clearly have a lot of trainees and not enough supervisors by the way I could hear the manager/supervisor calling answers to other call handlers across the floor..

Everyone has been briefed on this but we do have some new starters on the floor who do need a little more help than experienced agents, I'm sorry if this made for a poor experience as it really shouldn't have.
Thanks for your patience there, I will pass on some feedback.
As you have e-mail only you don't need actuall to do anything. It's only customers with phone and broadband customers who need to take action to keep their address.
I take quality of support very seriously so I'll see if that call has been recorded before having a listen and passing on some feedback.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pint
Aspiring Pro

Ive been helping someone on totalise ( mad as a fish ) finally managed to find some time to go through it on the phone...
This person wants to keep their @totalise.co.uk email and for that a just mail account has been set up, they were also spending a reasonable amount with BT for a phone service, plusnets deals are/should be significantly cheaper.
Confirmation emails etc etc have been recieved, ogether with a few possibly confusing ones
something about a PTSN line cease from madasafish ( despite the line being with BT) ?Huh
and a few welcome messages including one about the phone line ( calls) - i will take a good look later this week.
When the Service is switched the person on the phone at plusnet said that the email will just work as normal as a justmail acocunt, does this mean that any old messages stored on the server will remain, and mailbox usernames/passwords/smtp/pop3 settings will stay the same? it wasnt all that clear.
pint
Aspiring Pro

Any answers for this...
What happens to old messages stored on the server when the @totalise email closes and justmail takes ove, that is messages that are on the server but not stored locally on the PC?
Also do the passwords/mailboxes/email settings etc stay the same?
and what is the PTSN line cease from madasafish then welcome to plusnet email about? ( even though the person in question was/is with BT
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Pint
I heard you the first time Wink
I'm not sure about the PSTN cease email, you're the only one to mention this but drop me  PM with the username and I'll check that out for you.
As the mail servers will be decommissioned you'll need to download any emails you wish to keep.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dangermouse

Hi,
I've just come onto this forum by chance and I'm shocked that my Madasafish Max Plus Broadband only service will be terminated on 15 December.
I've checked my emails and there's no notification I can find of this.
I certainly haven't received a letter of notification either.
What the hell is going on? Is this some kind of perverse joke?
Notification of termination of service in writing surely is a legal requirement I would've thought.
Regards
Edward Duncan

pint
Aspiring Pro

I've got a feeling there will be quitye a few madasafish customers surprised by this, complaining that there emails/broadband etc arent working come switch of date.

It would have been simpler for plusnet to migrate customers over to whatever package was best, and lumped in justmail free of charge ( or included )
The person that I am assisting was paying £14.99 a month for broadband only on a capped package (5GB?) And BT for the phone line. ( calls/rental)
As far as i know plusnet offer Broadband only for £12.99 if you add on justmail, the bill would have been £14.68 ( 31p less) for unlimited.

As for the trail of emails, he has had these:
> Broadband order in progress
>Ticket 113733513 has been closed
>Your Broadband is now active
> Your madasafish justmail account details: This email is to confirm that your account change has completed.  Your new account type: Madasafish Justmail  Estimated speed: Mbps,
Broadband speed, As part of our commitment to ensuring our broadband is both easy to use and understand,
we've signed up to Ofcom's voluntary code of practice for broadband speeds -

> Home phone order cancelled: We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled. Should you wish to sign up for our Home Phone service in the future, you can
  do so though our website http://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html
> Home phone - Transfer date confirmation:  Your request to transfer<NUMBER>  to Plusnet is due to happen on 19/11/2015. You can cancel this order any time up to 4pm on the working day before the
transfer happens.
>Your plusnet protect software is available to download.

Questions:
If Madasafish is closing down then why is their a sign up to a madasafish service?  will the just mail work just as the @ totalise.co.uk  the email about the account details that contains absolutely no information about the account is causing a huge headache -- mailbox user name+password?  mailbox server details, outgoing details.That is information that would be useful about the account
Plus stating that the service is from madasafish ( which is closing ) hints that the @totalise email will also cease as its now run through madasafish's justmail service
Home phone order cancelled, is this the home phone order that was signed upto, or is this an error?  does this mean that the phone will stop working, and with it the ADSL?Huh
home phone transfer date in light of the previous communication about the order being cancelled whats going on here???

jontysoper
Grafter

Hi,
Whether this clarifies or confuses I haven't decided yet.  When I say 'decided' it's because I want to mull over the recent information I've received, before choosing to raise further questions or just leave as-is and tackle any specific problems should they occur after 15th December.
I recently submitted a web query/question against the initial communication I'd received following my sign-up/migration to PN.  I'd highlighted that my ADSL and phone services were working fine but my domain, email (addresses) and web-space were still pending, or rather I hadn't heard anything and did I need to take any action because these elements were still fully functional via the MAAF infrastructure.  I was advised, "Confusing though it may seem, the Madasafish account will only stop to provide the ADSL and telephone services. The domain, email and webspace will remain" (along with a reference to my £1.69 charge for these services).
So, for now this would explain why my domain isn't listed in my PN account (plus I haven't been asked to transfer it), why my email works fine with my MAAF settings (inc. specific mailboxes) and why my web-space is still up.
Time to ponder.  If truth be known, it's the information within this thread that's conflicting.  What I was sold and agreed and now formally advised are consistent.
Jonty.
pint
Aspiring Pro

If you ask me the whole thing is confusing, the most confusing message received is the home phone order cancelled message, does this mean everything will go dead on that date? is this the start of a mess up?