cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY Plusnet broadband Order

adele1
Dabbler

Re: MY Plusnet broadband Order

Many thanks for your assistance. The problem I have is that Plusnet opened a question for this issue and the technical team are silent about possible solution. The trial time I was informed is 14 days and time is not on my side to cancel my contract with Plusnet. It has been five days of stress
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

I guess you have a PlusNet supplied 2704n router ( check here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/ ) , if so are both the Broadband & Internet lights green ? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adele1
Dabbler

Yes I do have the PlusNet supplied 2704n router. The broadband light is green but the internet light is not on at all.
adele1
Dabbler

TAG ON MY LINE
Hi, I have cancelled my bb order with PlusNet because I understand my landline has a dark line from the xchange hence my problem with mot being able to be connected to internet. Plusnet has placed a tag on my line and I understand i have to wait fourteen days before this tag is removed despite the fact that my cancellation took effect from yesterday. Can someone please advise me if this is right to do. Thanks
shropshirelass

Hi I am having the same problem, it really is very frustrating!! we moved into our present address 5 weeks ago, we received our phone connection with a new number on the 10th Nov, we were told our Broadband would follow within 48 hours , we are still waiting for it to be connected!!!. After several phone calls which had me holding on the phone for hours at a time, and then  to be told there was another problem!!. Trying to find someone to tell us exactly why!!  I have this Wed spoken to a really nice man by the name of Richard who was able to tell me there's a TAG on the line!!! does anyone know exactly why this is when the new number we received was from PLUSNET!!!
I only hope now, because of my conversation (finally) with Richard we may see a result. My worry now is if we have a further problem , getting through on the phone will always be a nightmare!!! PlusNet please recruite more staff to deal with the volume of calls, and please remember your existing customers before you take on more (These seem to be priority and are not left in a queue)

kroy1208
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Shropshirelass,
A warm welcome to the forums.  A TAG is a service ownership 'marker' recorded against the phone line.  It indicates who (which ISP / CP) has control over the service on a line.  When service provision moved between providers, the TAG has to be changed (I think by BTw/BTOR) to allow the new provider to manage the service.  As indicated on this thread, sometimes that process fails and unpicking the failure seems to take an inordinate length of time.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.