cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISSING - Engineer!!

flipfinger
Dabbler

MISSING - Engineer!!

Feeling a bit frustrated as my partner has waited in the entire day for what was supposed to be an AM installation - after 3 30 minute hold sessions where (as I am currently in work) I had to drop the call, followed by a 48 minute hold I finally get through to Provisioning, who are unable to tell me anything other than 'it's not been cancelled, so we don't know what's happening' but have promised to call me back within the hour once they've spoken to BT.. Without wanting to appear overly negative, based on today's performance i'm not holding out too much hope of being called back tonight
Oh, and the router hasn't arrived..
Is this the norm? I've already had a day from hell where my movers have cancelled and i've had to scramble around trying to book an alternative at extremely short notice.  Now my partner's entire day has been wasted sitting around waiting for an engineer that hasn't shown up, and hasn't even sent any kind of notification to say he'll be late.. Not to mention our dogs are fairly unimpressed at not being walked while waiting for the non-existent engineer!
32 REPLIES 32
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: MISSING - Engineer!!

Unfortunately it is becoming the norm  Angry
a once excellent ISP is going down the drain  Cry  i also expect a PN staff member will come here and say SORRY  Lips_are_sealed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: rongtw
i also expect a PN staff member will come here and say SORRY   Lips_are_sealed

They are rather good at that - but then they've had so much practice over the last few months.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Not only are they good at it, but there appears to be a severe shortage of staff monitoring these fora. There have been minimum responses over the past few days. Maybe they're busy monitoring the 'phones.............................???? Roll_eyes
flipfinger
Dabbler

Shocker - no call back from provisioning, and today's call was also a big fat waste of time..  "Someone will call and update you at some point today".. Awesome.
And the new movers are already 3 hours late.. Fml.
Apprentice
Grafter

Not only are they good at it, but there appears to be a severe shortage of staff monitoring these fora

Probably following orders from above.
flipfinger
Dabbler

UPDATE - Utterly, utterly furious.  BT Openreach engineer finally arrived at my house on 14th October.. but only installed the landline, as somehow the fibre installation hadn't been set up properly.  Cue several more days of phonecalls to Plusnet while they attempt to figure out where it had gone wrong, and arrange for an engineer to visit to install.
And guess what.  Engineer supposed to show up between 8 and 1 today.. and didnt show.  Plusnet then inform me that the actual visit YET AGAIN wasn't set up properly, so please can I wait until 22nd for them to provide me with an update as to when someone will remember how to point and click and arrange this correctly.  Oh, and they understand how frustrating this is for me, but there's nothing they can do.
Dear Plusnet - as you'll threaten me with a £49.99 missed engineer appointment fee, i'm now returning the same to you - you now owe me two.  Not to mention lost earnings for 2 days sitting around waiting for the invisible man..
Angry Angry Angry
Dick:blue excessive use of emoticons removed as per forum rule.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

What's frustrating here is that we called Openreach and directly had the word from them that the appointment was booked in today. I really feel like there wasn't anymore that we could have done to get an engineer out.
It looks like you have spoken with my colleagues a few times since, and we're due an update slightly later on this week.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
flipfinger
Dabbler

I wouldn't exactly call your response an apology! You've simply stated that it's frustrating for you - with respect, you're not the ones wasting days and losing money. At nearly 7 months pregnant (and as a contractor) losing entire days pay is a fairly serious state of affairs for me - right now I need all the money I can get. I've wasted time and effort in repeatedly chasing for answers / explanations, not to mention costs of phonecalls made to Plusnet and feel that, yet again, I just have to hang around waiting.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Claim! http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@flipfinger
We understand it's frustrating and very inconvenient for you too.
We're working with our suppliers to resolve an issue with your order and will keep updating ticket 112226184 as things develop.
We will of course make sure you're refunded for the downtime and offered a good will gesture after the issue is resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
flipfinger
Dabbler

Latest update is that it has now moved from being 'on hold' until 22nd Oct to 'on hold' until 26th Oct - an entire week from the second installation date, with no reason given as to why. So that will be a total of 18 days past the original installation. Is the extra hold because I had the audacity to get annoyed? Because it's starting to feel like it.
andarial
Grafter

Sad
Same boat here
Although for my sister
I foolishly recommended PlusNet
She is not impressed

Engineer should have called on Last Thurs to fit phone socket and Fibre
No Show Sad
She Wasted an entire day waiting.Took time off work too
NOT A HAPPY BUNNY
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@andrial
She should claim for it http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights#extra
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
andarial
Grafter

thanks for the link  georgelnx Smiley
I`ll let her know