Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBORC - St. Albans exchange

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

MBORC - St. Albans exchange

Posting here as the relevant board is locked to non-mods; but as a Plusnet customer in St. Albans, I was just wondering what the ongoing issue referred to in Post #4 here actually is:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/MBORC-Matters-Beyond-Our-Reasonable-Control-Declaration...

We did have some very heavy rain here a few weeks ago (in common with many other locations), but my connection was not affected at that time or since. Is it just a localised problem for just some customers served by the exchange?

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: MBORC - St. Albans exchange

Normally MBORC is declared when there's a high rise in faults due to the bad weather.

Some connections may have gone down some may have not.

We can't get any hard numbers but it's likely to be a high number as Openreach don't declare them unless it's necessary.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

..... We can't get any hard numbers but it's likely to be a high number as Openreach don't declare them unless it's necessary.

I seem to be one of the lucky ones then!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Just to add to Matthews response, MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control) generally points towards an increase in repair/provision time scales due to engineers being moved on to the increased number of fault repairs that are likely to be required.

Glad to hear you appear to be one of the lucky ones Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet