Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC request

peteb99
Dabbler

MAC request

Hi All,
I phoned last week to leave after the price increase and request a MAC.  This was fine and the chap on the phone was helpful and advised that the MAC would be sent to me very shortly.
I've not heard anything since, and I thought it was a legal requirement that I receive the MAC within 5 days?,
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: MAC request

look in closed tickets here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've checked through your account and I'm afraid no one here appears to have viewed it since 21/7
Do you hold more than one account perhaps?
If not are you able to advise me on which day and approximately what time you made the call?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
peteb99
Dabbler

Hi,
I've only got one account and my username is peteb99.  (I was previously with Plusnet a few years back and I was peterb99 then).
I'm not sure when I phoned, probably Thursday in the morning.
The chap on the phone asked if he could offer me anything to stay, I said no and to be fair he didn't push me on it.  He then said I would receive a MAC within 5 days but it would most likely be a lot quicker as he'd never known it ever take that long.
Did I just imagine the call?, is it easier for me to just phone again (and wait another week for the code)?
peteb99
Dabbler

Right,
I'm getting completely messed around now.      I phoned back and waited ages on the phone again to get through to someone.
I explained that I had phoned last week regarding this, he advised that he could see the call  (Adam - I thought you said no-one had access my account since 21/07). 
The guy on the phone said it had got lost in the system but then provided my MAC immediately.
I have just looked at my "closed" questions (thanks for the tip OldJim) and sure enough my MAC code is now there, however, it says I'm going to be charged £94.42 even though the email explicitly states "We hope you're happy with your Plusnet service, but if you decide to leave because of these changes, we won't apply any Early Termination Charges.".
Also, there is no mention of the refund of the line rental I paid in advance and at the bottom of the closed question it says :
"You currently have these subscriptions for additional services on your account too:
- Plusnet Line Only"
which suggests that it isn't fully cancelled.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi peteb99,
I wasn't assuming the call didn't happen.
I asked so I can see if a record call can be traced and make sure we arrange a call back about that.
I can see you've now called in and we've provided the MAC for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
peteb99
Dabbler

I've now been transferred over to TalkTalk.  However I've also received notification of a direct debit payment to Plusnet.
Can someone please confirm that my plusnet phone and broadband account have now been closed and I won't have to pay anything else as its not clear at the moment. 
Thanks
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

1. Notice period only takes effect from date of actual move -so you will owe something for internet service -This is independent of any ELCs.
2. Any non inclusive calls since your last bill will need to be charged.
3. You don't get any rebate for unused months of ALR
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Notice period starts at the point  when the MAC is requested but only becomes effective if you actually leave
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
A cancellation request can be made in one of two ways:
    By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation is by calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197. For opening hours, please check our Contact us page. Any notice period that applies to the cancellation request will start as soon as a call is made to our Customer Options Team.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi peteb99,
I can see that the person who issued you with the MAC wrote off the contract, so the contractual fees shouldn't be a problem. It also seems that the cessation charge isn't applicable in your circumstance.
The Direct Debit is for your monthly bill. It only really started to process yesterday, so if it goes through we'll get this refunded as it's supposed to be from 03/09/2014-02/10/2014. Of course, you migrated away yesterday so you'll be owed this.
The only thing that may be outstanding is any excess call charges made. Our billing team will process this in a few days once we see the outcome of the Direct Debit, and let you know of the size of the refund.
Hope this helps.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
peteb99
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Matty, it is appreciated.  Just wanted to make sure it was definitely cancelled and you have put my mind to rest.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Glad to hear it peteb99.
I wish you all the best moving forward with your new provider  Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet