cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC - Key - I am leaving

dfstrottersfan
Dabbler

MAC - Key - I am leaving

Can somebody tell me where to look for this ....
I requested a MAC Key on Monday of this week - I was told that I needed to look for it on Thursday afternoon (yesterday) in my member centre.
I have looked but cannot see it..
thanks
Allan
47 REPLIES 47
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: MAC - Key - I am leaving

Have you checked your tickets here.
They are called questions but everyone knows them as tickets. Smiley
Select 'Questions in the last 7 days' and click 'Expand all questions'.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

dfstrottersfan,
I'm sorry if you we're told Thursday as we don't usually release a MAC key until the 5th day after it is requested, hence we should have said Friday really.
I've given the appropriate team a nudge for you so we should see a response today.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As a matter of interest why do PlusNet keep customers waiting until the last possible day?
Lurker
Grafter

To try to get you to change your mind.
They can generate them straight away when they want to.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We are transparent about this once a request has been made. OFCOM regulations are there to protect the customer and make sure that they do get their MAC key in the end.
If a customer does request one and requires it more urgently we would invite them to let us know so we can make provision for that instead of leaving them waiting.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dfstrottersfan
Dabbler

Apparently a MAC key is not required in my case as I am moving to Sky  which is an "llu transfer". Just got this info in a ticket when I asked where the Key was this morning.
I wondered why Sky hadn't asked me for a MAC Key.........
It would have been nice if somebody from PlusNet (and Sky)  had told me this without prompting...to be fair on Sky they didn't need to tell me.
What a strange system this LLU system is - Plusnet a BT company have to charge more on our exchange than Sky all because Sky have an LLU on our exchange!!!
Allan
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: dfstrottersfan
It would have been nice if somebody from PlusNet (and Sky)  had told me this without prompting...to be fair on Sky they didn't need to tell me.
Allan
Really can't see how the onus was on Plusnet - surely Sky should have told you that it wasn't required.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: dfstrottersfan
Apparently a MAC key is not required in my case as I am moving to Sky  which is an "llu transfer".

Not sure how accurate that is as a generality.  Undecided
I moved broadband from PN to an LLU company (not Sky) as ADSL2+ is very useful to me and there's not even an exchange date yet from BT.  Sad
My move was a standard MAC process and pretty seamless.  Smiley
thisoldman
Grafter

omg  why do do many people think the grass is greener on the other side?  you all need to read the recent offcom report which suggested that most isps are useless.
Believe me......if plusnet were as bad as some of you like to make out would i still be with them?
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: thisoldman
Believe me......if plusnet were as bad as some of you like to make out would i still be with them?
Probably as old people are slower to do things and you love the forums  Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you have got it wrong about LLU and BT
LLU is where a company puts it own equipment into an exchange and stops using the antique BT stuff
So BT cant do LLU they use BT stuff
Costings, when you have more than 3 LLU on you exchange OFCOM say good, you have more competition, you can lower your prices BT
thisoldman
Grafter

may i politely suugest that nadger performs a serious internal injury on his posterior Cheesy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

May I even more politely suggest that, as this isn't Chit Chat, there are no more off topic posts otherwise I may be forced to move them and that just makes work  Sad
thisoldman
Grafter

you spoilsport Wink