cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lying beggars

killie89
Dabbler

Lying beggars

With all my previous complaints about the speed I was getting with Plusnet I was offered a refund on my first months payment and the next 3 months free. Now I've got an email saying that my direct debit will be taken off on the 26th May. I have phoned up today and been told that there are no notes on my account and that nothing can be done!!
I was then offered 2 months free!
This is a farse I would not trust a thing any mebmer of staff from Plusnet says.
Stay away please!!!!!!!!
jim:red Avoidance of swear filter removed from title as per forum rules mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Lying beggars

killie89,
It looks like someone here failed to reapply your discount following your recent account change from Value to Extra.
A 100% discount has been applied for the next 3 months and the pending payment for the current billing month will get refunded as soon as it has cleared, so apologies for the error.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
killie89
Dabbler

Thanks for the prompt reply after the weekend Adam.
Why could the telephone operator not do this though, instead of basically saying "tough luck it looks like someone forgot to apply this so there is nothing that can be done".
This forum seems to be the best place to get problems resolved and it seems to provide a prompt service outside the weekend. I just wish the telephone operators had or were able to apply some common sense.
Still credit where credits due, thanks again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks, however this site is not primarily for staff support. We will step in if the support teams have not supported you but you will need to deal with them in the first instance.
The agent you spoke to is new which I realise is not an excuse by any means but I will be speaking to them shortly to outline that they could have checked ticket 33452743 which revealed to me what had actually occurred.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
killie89
Dabbler

Adam, Or somebody else. Can you have a look at this for me, as I've made a payment on the 26th May and there has been no refund yet. I do not want to phone up and get the same responce as the last time.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've sorted the refund for you now. Sorry about that.
artificer
Grafter

sticking my oar in where it ain't invited, is it not apparent to those running plus.net that increasing incidences of dissatisfaction are occurring?  if 'twere my outfit, i'd be concerned that this will create badwill.  without goodwill a company may as well sell up and do something else.  we used to have a monopolies and mergers commission to curb the excesses of business owners.  now the monopolistic entities abound.  bt is a law unto itself and plus.net is moving in that direction.
the forum staff are becoming overburdened by the necessity to take up the issues and help solve them here.  that's unpaid overtime.  they are to be commended for their willing generosity.
the chap at the top needs to be told that this is engendering bad faith among the non-disenchanted as well as those with a genuine grievance.  as i see more and more of these complaints on the forum, i begin to wonder for how much longer my relatively reliable service will last and that perhaps i should take a glance at the opposition in case it hits bottom and i need to move.
i do know that i would not be prepared to suffer as some members here have suffered.  not going to look after me?  i'm off.