cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low broadband speed

LSUK

Low broadband speed

We were told that we should achieve speeds in excess of 40 Mbps for a fibre service. However using the Which Magazine Guide Broadband Speed Tester we are consistently seeing maximum speeds of less than 10Mbps with occasional increases to 20Mbps. This is just not acceptable. Since joining Plusnet (Aug 2015) we have had nothing but appalling service. If it was not for the high cost of ending our contract, we would have immediately cancelled our package. The worst company we have ever dealt with.  Angry 
4 REPLIES 4
rookey
Grafter

Re: Low broadband speed

Have you tried testing it through
Speedtest.net and BT tester.
adambailey

Hello you should receive 40 min. If not contact them. 40 is min, and if you are not getting that then go to BT who own the company anyway!! Interesting fact you may not know. The service basically piggybacks the BT line into your house, so there will be some slippage. So could be a wiring fault coming into your house and of course how far you are from the exchange. I know this does not exactly help but I do understand as the service is so up and down at the moment. I think probably it is due to BT mega stream issues and back haul links, due to traffic volume. But hey what do I know. We will never know. A
All4One
Grafter

Expected 40Mbps, getting 10, sometimes 20...sounds like wifi.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I have located your account, sorry to hear that you're not receiving the speeds expected. I note that this hasn't been raised with us before (though I know you are in discussion with us over your phone package).
I have tested your line and it seems that you are syncing at maximum 40/2 speeds. Are your speed tests based off a wifi connection?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet