cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lousy Service

Darrens1989
Hooked

Lousy Service

I was meant to be a plusnet customer today. Sadly plusnet have failed to tell me that my fibre connection is not connected until 18th September. I took the day off to wait for the engineer who obviously didn't show up. I called plusnet to be told of the delay. Thanks for letting me know sooner!!! Hopeless, absolutely no communication to me the customer. Not a sausage. Completely in the dark about everything. so no broadband for another two weeks. I also paid £99 up front. Thanks again. Also turns out I don't need to be at home when the engineer does his connection. Thanks once again. Worst Service Ever!!!
Totally Useless Plusnet.
Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Lousy Service

Strange. I didn't think engineer installs happened anymore. I thought someone just made the changes at the street cabinet & you plugged in your new router on the day of the change.

Not that engineer installs were worth it when they did do them as all they did was to get a 3rd party contractor to call, throw a new modem at you & leave.

Plusnet should have texted or emailed you regarding the delay.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hello there and welcome aboard.

I'm really sorry about the lack of communication in regards to your order.

Doing a bit of digging, it looks like our own systems failed to send you an update about the appointment/new activation date, because your order with our suppliers didn't reach a confirmed state until the proposed activation date. Sad

In regards to the delay you're experiencing, I can see that work was actually completed at the exchange as planned, but the order is currently delayed as your phone number is still in the process of being ported over to the BT network.

I do appreciate that we ideally should have kept you informed and we'll pass feedback on about that.

I've contacted the Openreach number porting team to see if we can speed things up but unfortunately I've been advised that the 18th September is the earliest that it can be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Gandalf  now come on.... let`s do a bit of "damage limitation"... or to put it in the school master vernacular,  "could do better".....

Fair enough. you have admitted, PN has fouled it up... but all you say is "sorry"   "we`ll pass feedback on"...

YUP !... Classic..FAIL..   that is of real comfort to the customer.  and he will be happy with your response.

then you go on about it also being in the hands of Openreach... and they will not budge until Sept 18.  TWELVE DAYS to "port a number "... oh, come on... really ?  I don`t know what is actually involved, but I suspect it does not involve knocking down a building, rebuilding it, and putting in some new equipment to house the number of the OP..

SHOCKING...  ( ok.. so not PN fault on that... BUT... something needs to be done about it via a complaint from PN to OFCOM..).  not just   "Sorry for the inconvenience"..

and of course... you are "doing him proud"... and giving him the usual "Award winning customer service"..

This kind of problem has been ongoing for the past 8 years, to my knowledge... yet PN still seem to be oblivious to it... causing bad feeling, and bad reports about failures and lousy service...  the only thing they ever do is say..

" sorry.."     and  "sorry for the inconvenience"......    ( ticket solved for now... ) .. (get on to the next one....... )..

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

What we need is a regulator, one that can identify the specific problem and where it lies, ie: With Openreach or the ISP.

The same regulator having the power to impose large fines and compensation to the customer for inconvenience and a refund of moneys paid.

If someone has paid for a service and is not getting that service without good reason then customers are being misled.

Perhaps all future adverts should include a list of things that might go wrong as there is clear proof for some customers that they already have.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Darrens1989
Hooked

Porting what number. I never said I wanted a number "porting over" so yet again that's not right. I said to the sales team I won't use a landline it's not 1985! So sorry just won't wash. I'm £99 down and 2 weeks behind, half day holiday wasted. Feedback Scheedback. I've already got a complaint in. To quote "If there's a delay....we'll keep you informed". [-Censored-]s
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

So after another very lengthy discussion for over an hour, with both Openreach and BTwholesale.

We've determined that the porting completed on the 5th, but the required by date was delayed because 1. they couldn't task the fibre order to an engineer until the porting was complete and 2. due to engineer availability to complete work for the broadband side of things at the cabinet.

I've unsuccessfully tried to get the order expedited but unfortunately we've been advised that because they hadn't previously committed to the order for the 5th they're not able to process an expedite.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Porting what number. I never said I wanted a number "porting over" so yet again that's not right.

We've ported the number from your previous provider which we were advised of during the sales journey.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

You might not want to use a phone service but you still need a "phone" over which the broadband can be delivered. A phone line needs a number and the normal practice is to retain the existing number.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Darrens1989
Hooked

Well put it this way. The sales advisor also said I needed to be at home for the engineer so I'd take anything from that sales person with a massive pinch of salt. I said I will not use the landline therefore I didn't want to keep my number. Totally hopeless this like.
Darrens1989
Hooked

I know I need a phone line. I've had broadband for years. It might be normal practice for you but I had a landline number with sky then I had a new one with virgin. I don't care about a landline number. I couldn't even tell you what it was.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I appreciate we've made a mistake by not providing you with updates and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. I have tried to get this rectified as soon as possible unfortunately we're going to have to wait for the 18th.

The ticket on your account is with one of my colleagues who is taking personal ownership of this matter and we'll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill once this is resolved. I'd recommend liaising with him as he's your case handler now.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Fwiw the landline number is an essential piece of information (along with a phone handset) required for broadband diagnostic purposes. On some occasions it's been the only clue when investigating broadband failures ... to identify that BT has gone and crossed over lines during engineering works. Forget the number at your peril

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Darrens1989
Hooked

It's on the bills if I need it I'll get it from there.
Darrens1989
Hooked

I await their response. I'll be waiting for connection NOT you.