Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking After Loyal Customers

jingles1

Looking After Loyal Customers

Having been with PlusNet for over 6 Years

The one aspect that could be improved is looking after loyalty,

Having ended my current contract I have seen the new customer deal of £17.99 for unlimited broadband on 18th Month Deal ,Much better than the new invoice than was sent to me today

After the wait of 15mins I was informed that this deal is not on offer to existing customers and the best deal I could have was £17.99 plus £2.50

Looking around I could now switch to Sky for £17.40 for unlimited broadband on 12th Month Deal and get a £100 Gift Voucher as part of the deal

Maybe it’s time for PlusNet to look after its existing customers than always trying to chase new ones  

7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Looking After Loyal Customers

From your offer it would appear that your phone isn't with Plusnet hence the £2.50 surcharge

Moving the phone to Plusnet would generate a better offer probably and if you move to Sky you would need to move the phone as well

Although checking I can't find the £17.99 offer on the Plusnet site

jingles1

My Phone is with Plus Net , That is why I am not happy that if I decided for example to finish I could come back a few weeks later and get a better deal

jingles1

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Indeed, but that's not how the markets work is it.

I was jolted into realization years back when a company I had worked and went the extra mile for 'above and beyond' treated me rather badly. When I pointed this out to them the General Manager's  response was "Well, we paid you didn't we?" 

Loyalty is seldom if ever rewarded sad and cynical to say and if it is, then self interest is usually nearby. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I was out of contract and started to move away from using my Plusnet email address ready to jump ship. Without asking I was offered a £2.50 pm deal for 12 months Unlimited Broadband provided I paid line rental which I accepted. I already had my phone service with Plusnet. Line Rental Saver more or less offset the cost of the broadband.

If at the end of 12 months, support has not greatly improved I will be leaving whatever the deal on offer.

Iancb

New here, just joining Plusnet after 15 years with Sky. Reason for leaving them? Much the same situation reversed.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

15 years with Sky is a pretty long time. Did they ever reward you for being a loyal customer?

I have been with Virgin Media for over 6 years and I get annual price increases as my loyalty reward (/sarcasm). I currently pay just under £100 for fibre, TV and phone. Looking at switching to Plusnet myself soon with my new house!

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.