cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time customer, pretty much satisfied?

David_W
Rising Star

Long time customer, pretty much satisfied?

An oddity for you, a happy customer  Grin
I've had an ongoing issue with my phone line dropping internet connection when someone would phone, never had these problems with dial-up you know, mainly because no one could phone but that's a good thing!  Anyhow, a few support tickets here and there, different filters/routers tried, plugged into the test socket, general stuff which shows the fault is not on my side of the line and a BT engineer was called out.  Nice chap, had a bit of a gossip about games coming out (he was waiting for Fallout New Vegas too) but he couldn't find a problem (didn't look hard enough) so the problem remained.
More tickets to PlusNet and another engineer booked on Saturday to come out today, this time the engineer actually tests (using his equipment) by phoning up whilst he was plugged in, he nipped off to the exchange and I dunno, hit some stuff with a hammer or other technical stuff, didn't upgrade my line to Fibre like I asked but that was a pretty big ask.  Anyhow, he changed some DSL equipment in the exchange which didn't fix the fault (found that out when he called and the internet dropped, noticed my SNR was dropping to negative figures when the phone rang before picking itself up again), he mentioned something about something usually being 50v but going up to 110v so hit some analogue stuff with a hammer and hey presto, so far so good, well apart from that one drop which may just be a coincidence.
The nice chaps from PlusNet have not only kept me informed via tickets but have also phoned me up regularly to keep me up to date on what's occurring.  Hopefully the fault is fixed now so my speed can get back to normal, but all in all it's been a pretty good experience, it may have taken a while to get to the point of the fault being detected and hopefully fixed (almost a month) but I understand that these things take time and if the engineer who came out today had came out first my fault would have been fixed on the first visit.  So big thumbs up to PlusNet.  And a cookie, but only a virtual cookie, the post office don't recommend you send dough in the post  Crazy
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Long time customer, pretty much satisfied?

you could send them some Hard Tac biscuits, there pretty indestructible Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers David W,
Nice to hear a positive story.
An oddity for you, a happy customer

I'm sure there are more out there its just rare for some one to take the time out to let us know, so thanks a lot.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Oh go on then - I love you to Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks George, you've given me a warm feeling inside that I don't normally get on a Monday, or is it that dodgy pie I had earlier Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you will have to stop looking at JoJo Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I only do that when she's feeding us M&Ms like she was earlier, ta JoJo Smiley
jim:quote
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
David_W
Rising Star

My line hasn't dropped in 6 days and 2 hours (touch wood) so yeah, problem seems fixed!  My SNR (which used to be 9) has dropped to 5 and my 31 attenuation has gone up to 32 but I'm actually connected at 8128 so top marks there, well my SNR seems to fluctuate, drops down to 2.5 but a rock solid connection again, I'd be even happier of Jojo gave me M&M's too.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

My line hasn't dropped in 6 days and 2 hours (touch wood) so yeah, problem seems fixed

Good to hear David.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team