Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live chat useless at times

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Live chat useless at times

So I'm coming to the end of my contract with a month left and naturally go out looking for deals as one would do  Smiley
So I use the live chat service to see if something can be sorted or to leave Plusnet (which I hope doesn't come to that)
When going through the contact us section of the page, it advised me to ring up, I try to avoid using the phone to companies as I have a hearing loss which can mean I mishear on the phone and could sign up to something I do not wish to.  So I use the chat service instead which was a waste of time. 
Why Plusnet, why can you not use the chat facility to deal with this kind of situations? I've done it plenty of times with Sky, Vodafone and BT  Undecided
I attach a screenshot of the chat which has the representative's name removed as well as mine for privacy,

I can use the phone but I do not wish to call someone on my behalf as that would mean having to source someone I trust to understand what they are doing and using a Text Relay service such as Next Generation Text don't like waiting to long for a a rep to answer  Roll_eyes
Many Thanks
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
3 REPLIES 3
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Live chat useless at times

I have the same problem.... My hearing is probably only about 10 percent,of normal,  without the hearing aids........................  with the hearing aids, I have to be about 3 feet, (max) from someone on a face to face conversation to hear, and understand, what they are saying... if I am walking away from them, and gone more than 3 feet, I cannot hear them calling me back...

Likewise on the phone.... I have to remove my hearing aid, and use a telephone amplifier on the ear piece...but in 99 cases of 100, I still cannot understand what people are trying to say to me. ( recently the dentist receptionist called, and she tried to identify herself to me, but i had to ask her about 6 times and had to pass the phone to my wife...

I don`t know what I shall do when she is dead... probably not answer the phone at all.. I rarely make any phone calls. 

Live chat and email is the best form of communication for me, because, like you, I can easily check to see what has been said/agreed or discussed, and then make informed decisions based on that information, in just the same way as a "normal hearing person" can...

Staff on Live Chat, should have more decision making power, or be able to pass on and take control of, problems for customers, as indeed, they should, anyway, being part of "Customer SERVICE".. that includes DISABLED people such as myself, and the O.P.  instead of relinquishing responsibility by telling us to make a phone contact.  

Then .... perhaps ... PlusNet can   " do us proud" ...... 

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I agree with every thing on what you said there!

Wish someone from Plusnet can elaborate on this as I have to pass onto my son to do the talking which isn't ideal.

You've done me proud again...not. Hence why BT were better in this case, even though it was an offshore chat centre.

NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

An update from Plusnet would be nice on this Undecided

NE