Did you mean: 

Live Chat Availability Discussion

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Live Chat Availability Discussion

Hello @Wallwork

Thanks for getting in touch via the forums, you can check your estimated speeds here.

@jimc-chw,  I am sincerely sorry for the experience you are having getting through to us and I believe my colleague Jono has advised on the online chat service.

I would be more than happy to look into your mothers account for you. Please can you private message me her username or landline number.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jimc-chw
Hooked
Fixes: 1

>  I am sincerely sorry for the experience you are having getting through to us 

The question is not whether you are sorry, I suspect a lot of this is making your life extremely unpleasant. Angry customers having extreme difficulty getting support is a nightmare for anyone in a customer contact support role.

The question is whether the executives responsible for the decisions to remove all practical means of communication are sorry, and would like to come on the forum and explain their policy... 

I can understand not running chat, by its nature it must be resource heavy, but I cannot think of a sensible reason for removing the facility to raise support calls by email/forum.

*Should* chat be working at the moment BTW?

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@jimc-chw wrote:

Does live chat ever work? I haven't seen it operational in months.

It does work, it has been designed to limit queue times and sizing, once that point is reached it will stop new chats joining the queue.

when I called just now the damned phone queue wasn't even giving an estimated wait time.

That's concerning , We've recently installed new technology that more accurately reports wait times to customers in the queue. Would you mind letting me know what department you selected so that I can investigate?

Regarding the router, we can supply one, however if the one your mother has is is out of warranty we'd need start a new contract and this is something we could only agree to with the account holder.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
sbore
Dabbler

Thanks for getting in touch via the forums, you can check your estimated speeds here.

Error 404  -  page not found.

Can you wonder that your customers are fed up?

jimc-chw
Hooked
Fixes: 1

it has been designed to limit queue times and sizing, once that point is reached it will stop new chats joining the queue.

May I suggest that you mention that somewhere? Better yet everywhere that chat is referred to...

>we'd need start a new contract and this is something we could only agree to with the account holder.

I pay the bills, but not to worry, I think it will just be easier to buy one.

I don't recall which particular route I went through the menus to get to the phone system I'm afraid. It seemed logical at the time.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@jimc-chw wrote:

it has been designed to limit queue times and sizing, once that point is reached it will stop new chats joining the queue.

May I suggest that you mention that somewhere?

Fair feedback, I've already raised a request with our development team to change the way that it stops new people joining the queue, making the process easier to understand for new customers.

>we'd need start a new contract and this is something we could only agree to with the account holder.

I pay the bills, but not to worry, I think it will just be easier to buy one.

I'm really sorry about that, as I'm sure you understand, we can't just commit a customer two a new contract because a third party (whatever their relationship with the customer) asks us. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager