Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental saver

FIXED
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Line rental saver

Just had a reminder from PN that my current line rental saver expires shortly along with instructions for renewal.

The same email also includes relevant information regarding line rental saver but what it does not include is the cost along with how much you are saving by using this option,

Ok I know a quick look through my account details would likely find this information but why not include it in the email ? After all line rental is a fixed figure for most users and by including it in the same email it would then just be a matter of using the link provided to renew rather than searching for this information.

Perhaps the user group might wish to flag this up.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Added labels after moved.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Line rental saver

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass that on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Fix

@gleneagles wrote:

A great idea @gleneagles  should be really beneficial at renewal time to have all the data to hand.

I see that @Gandalf has already pushed this idea back into the business for review. 

The SU's are looking for a number of "Quick wins" where straightforward process improvements could improve user satisfaction AND reduce support calls.  I'll put this on the list. Thumbs_Up

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

It's worth keeping a close watch on your account at LRS renewal time. The accounting procedure/system doesn't seem to understand automatically that if you have paid LRS, then you should not also be charged monthly line rental (as I have).

paulsc

@gleneagles wrote:

Just had a reminder from PN that my current line rental saver expires shortly along with instructions for renewal.

The same email also includes relevant information regarding line rental saver but what it does not include is the cost along with how much you are saving by using this option,

Ok I know a quick look through my account details would likely find this information but why not include it in the email ? After all line rental is a fixed figure for most users and by including it in the same email it would then just be a matter of using the link provided to renew rather than searching for this information.

I would like to add my vote to how helpful this would be.  I have had Line Saver for several years and I find it very difficult to find the price for the normal line rental or the reduced annual line rental saver.  I don't think looking at my account would help as the prices will definitely have gone up since last year and the account probably won't show the monthly price.

carolinesplus

Yes, I'm trying to renew my LRS but there's no link on any of the pages e.g. "My account details" etc. Why is it so difficult? You'd think the company would welcome an early payment. I also wish it was synchronised with my contract, which expires 2 months earlier. Why make life so complicated? I can't contact them by phone, they're always "busy", or if you do get through they keep you holding for long minutes. What a difficult company to communicate with.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

A search in "Help & Support" for "Pay LRS" gives this - https://www.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.