cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let Down AGAIN (NOW SOLVED)

PembsPanther
Grafter

Let Down AGAIN (NOW SOLVED)

I am seriously running towards the end of my patience with you PN, there is taking the P and there is TAKING THE P!!!!!
When I logged on this morning I was greeted with a PN screen telling me there had been a problem taking my payment and my service had been restricted, I had to make a payment now in order to reactivate my service, ok fair enough I thought we have had loads of issues with direct debits over the last few months due to changing banks twice and PN although VERY quick to restrict service have always re-activated us instantly after receiving payment. So I logged in was asked to register a debit or credit card click the button then I was directed to a page that was supposed to take my card details, this did not work AGAIN! I reported this issue on this forum a couple of months ago if your service is restricted then the page that is used to add new card details does NOT work as it runs in an iframe from an external site, still not fixed! The only thing I could do at this point was tether my mobile so I had an internet connection that worked in order to enter my card details, I did this and was then presented with the screen from my bank asking for verification, you know enter the 3 digits from your password etc, did this hit next was warned NOT to refresh as it could result in an extra payment, then bam nothing "screen could not be loaded" message.
I checked my internet connection and it was still restricted so called the bank who confirmed the money HAD left my account and was pending for Plusnet! I know exactly what has happened having been in the exact same position with another company that had a crappy website that did not work, the money has been earmarked for PN from my bank account as though the transaction has been processed, in the banks eyes the transaction has been processed as I entered the digits of my password in the verification screen, the problem is with PN (suprise suprise!) for some reason after I entered the password digits the system has passed this back to my bank for verification and then had some kind of hissy fit before a response was received. DO not try and BS me I know how these things work and the blame is firmly on PN's toes!
So I rang customer service, spoke to a very nice chap who understood straight away what I was telling him, obviously dealt with this before, many times I would guess, heput me on hold whilst he confirmed something, he came back to me with what is probably the usual line of BS of he will put me in his diary to call tomorrow and it should all update at some stage today, he and I both know this is a complete lie, it will not update later today my payment will sit in the ether until 3-4 working days have expired and then will magically re-appear back in my bank account and I will  have to make payment again to PN and hope this time their crappy website payment process works!
So what about me then? I am an existing customer who as far as I am concerned is sat at home owing PN NOTHING at all, from my point of view the payment has left my bank account and I still have a restricted internet service, cannot surf send email nothing, yet I owe nothing at the same time all because PN payment process completely screwed it up! No dount Nothing will be done about this and when the money finally shows back up in my bank account I will have to make payment again and then my service will be re activated, if it then works, well PN THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! I have paid as you requested, the failure is on your end not mine or my banks so why should I be without internet access for up to a week because you dropped the ball?? Is that fair? Sure the payment was late, my bad. I cannot confirm for sure because I have no access to my invoices, for some strange and unknown reason when your service is restricted so is you account access and many of your online account features suddenly become unavalable, but from memory I think this latest payment was due around the 6th of this month, so all this trouble, upset and frustration over a payment that is 4 days late, 4 days!!!!!
I think it only fair that you grant me an extension and re-activate my internet service until this mess, caused by you may I add is rectified, something that telephone customer service said cannot be done until the outstanding balance is paid, well as said above there is NO outstanding balance it has been paid, speak to my bank they will tell you!
Very frustrated and annoyed, I am seriously near the edge of my patience with your company it will not take much more for me to jump ship for good!
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Let Down AGAIN!!!!!!!!

I should think you are annoyed, angry even. IIRC I think Plusnet have many times said that a customer's service won't be restricted immediately just because a DD failed, there was a specified number of days in which to make payment before that happened.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Hello
Thanks for your reply, there is no direct debit set up at the moment, we have changed banks twice over the last few months and it has caused no end of nightmares mainly because on both occasions (stupidly!) we used the banks own transfer procedure which on both occasions failed miserably. For the last couple of months there has not been a direct debit set up and I have been paying via card, I do need to re set up a new direct debit now our banking nightmare has come to an end.
jim:quote
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

So you'd already paid by card and because of a PN system foul up, your service has been restricted?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry about the problems you've had here. I've asked Chris Purvey to get your service unrestricted asap while we figure out what's happened with your payment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Thanks Chris your attention and reply is much appreciated. I will await your instructions.
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi PembsPanther,
I've just been through the account and it will be best for us to call you to discuss this. We'll be in-touch shortly.
Chris

PembsPanther
Grafter

Hello
All sorted now, huge thanks to Chris and James your call was appreciated and productive. All back up and running now, great service from the guys and gals that monitor the forum as usual.
Thanks again