cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy accounts

keithivan
Grafter

Legacy accounts

Been With plusnet for about 8 years with no real problems until now!
I am a plusnet premier customer paying 21.99 a month which includes off peak unlimited  time between 12.00pm and 4.00pm.
This sounds great but peak time usage starts to deteriorate after I reach 13 gig. . Restrictions  applied after 4pm are now starting to really Anoy me. These pathetic warnings that i have used 13 gig of my peak time allowance are becoming a real pain.I am willing to pay to upgrade but "why should I ? " I am  an orange mobile customer and Can have unlimited broadband for less than plusnet. Why can i not use iplayer when i return home from work without getting another warning!!
Tell me why I should not move?
Keith.
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Legacy accounts

depends on how much you use between 8 am and 4 pm, you could get Extra with 60 G for about the same price
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Keithivan,
I'm afraid Premier is now a much older product and as such just isn't designed for the kind of usage that's prevalent these days. As pierre says, you'd most likely be a lot happier on Extra (it's cheaper than premier with a much more generous allowance) even given the shorter off-peak hours.
If you like you can request it and try it for a month, if it turns out it isn't working for you we can move you back to Premier if you prefer?
keithivan
Grafter

Thanks for the reply matt. Only reason I am holding back is the hassle I now face with email etc. 10 years with plusnet (nott 8 as I previously said)
A 60 gig allowance will probably end up in me paying about £100 per month due to £5 per 5 gig over the allowance. I am at present paying over £40 per month for broadband and unlimited calls to landlines. Getting warnings after 11 gig of peak time use is now becoming unusable . Sad day but mac code request looks likely  after 10 fault free years. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if you are currently on 20G peak and you moved to 60G peak, why should you need a lot of extra Undecided
you still get unlimited from midnight to 8 am
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, see what you're saying about the off peak usage from having a look, but are you sure it wouldn't be worth a try? As Pierre says usage between midnight and 8am is still free, I don't know when you're using the majority of bandwidth but if it could be made to fit we wouldn't have any problem with it continuing at the same sort of level.
keithivan
Grafter

Thanks for all the advice guys.
Spoke to Plusnet customer services this morning. They have now been able to transfer my broadband product to one that meets my requirements!
Well done plusnet now looking forward to my 11th year online.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
jim:blue I know you are happy but ecessive smileys removed as per Forum Rule mod:end