cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving unfortunately.

Devonian
Grafter

Leaving unfortunately.

It's sad, but I have signed up to talktalk.
Why?
A couple of reasons.
1.  The price rises.  PN didn't even have the decency to inform me my bill is rising, I found out from a post on this forum.
Valued customer?  Doesn't seem it.
2.  Every single month I am threatened by Plus Net that my services will be disconnected, before my bill is even due, simply because I wont pay by direct debit.
3.  I signed up to Talktalk, I then rang Customer options to be offered a small discount.. fine.. but I was then told the unlimited package I signed up to  with talktalk actually had a fup of 40gb....  I rang talktalk and was told there is no limit at all, and they would match PN's price.
51 REPLIES 51
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Leaving unfortunately.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2012/09/latest-phone-broadband-and-pay-tv-complaints-revealed/ good luck you need it, you pay for what you get
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Devonian,
Sorry to here that you have felt the need to take your services to another provider through bad service from ourselves.
We notified customers of the price increase via email, from initially looking at your account I can't see the email sent to you, not sure why this is. I will look into this in the morning and see why it hasn't been sent, I've not seen any examples of the email not being sent so it's a new one to me and can only apologise you had to find out via the forums.
With the non direct debit arrangement it is an automated email you would receive, again it's something I can look at but I just need making aware of it.
If there is anything I can do to help or at least not end your relationship with us on a sour note, I'd be more than happy too.
Chris
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Chris, have a read of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,105403
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

2.  Every single month I am threatened by Plus Net that my services will be disconnected, before my bill is even due, simply because I wont pay by direct debit.

The previous thread that Jelv linked explains why this happens, your payment due date is the 10th, it's your decision to not have any payment details and that in turn kicks out the automated email to you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
drj
Aspiring Pro

There's nothing risky in using Direct Debits - I can't recall ever having had a problem with any company.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

And it would appear that with TalkTalk a payment other than by direct debit catches a £4.50 per month charge
Also on Essentials there is a 40GB FUP http://www.talktalk.co.uk/legal/broadband-traffic-management/
drj
Aspiring Pro

He's probably negotiated a discount!
I didn't want to even visit their website to check having been bombarded by Spam sales calls after using their number checker once.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I didn't even use their number checker because they have a 'warning' that by using it you will be contacted by them.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Mav
Fixes: 515

TT are OK as long as you bear in mind the following:
Regularly check your online account (not always possible as it seems to 'go down' close to your billing cycle on a regular basis) for changes being made without your knowledge.
My account was changed to paper billing (the letter regrading this only arrived after the bill due date) and I only noticed it because I check my account every day for issues and anomalies. Not an ideal situation but at least I was able to change back to online billing before any charges were incurred.
Their forums can be helpful but I find the attitude is based on 'the customer is hardly ever right' and 'what does the customer know, anyway'.
I moved to TT last February purely for financial reasons. I have a few small niggles but can't be bothered to sort them as I WILL return to PN as soon as my contract ends and my exchange is upgraded to ADSL+ (the RFS date of 30/9/12 has already passed with no action yet Sad )

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: drj
I didn't want to even visit their website to check having been bombarded by Spam sales calls after using their number checker once.

Quote from: w23
I didn't even use their number checker because they have a 'warning' that by using it you will be contacted by them.

Learning from experience, I never use my correct phone number, nor postcode
Just made up ones nearby.
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
And it would appear that with TalkTalk a payment other than by direct debit catches a £4.50 per month charge
Also on Essentials there is a 40GB FUP http://www.talktalk.co.uk/legal/broadband-traffic-management/

The £4.50 non DD fee has been dropped to £2 for the duration of contract, and there is not a 40gb FUP.
There is a 40gb limit, BUT if you ask, they remove the limit and put you on completely unlimited for free of charge.
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
2.  Every single month I am threatened by Plus Net that my services will be disconnected, before my bill is even due, simply because I wont pay by direct debit.

The previous thread that Jelv linked explains why this happens, your payment due date is the 10th, it's your decision to not have any payment details and that in turn kicks out the automated email to you.

This is an age old fight that tbh I have no passion for fighting.
However I will say it is not as clean cut as you may suggest.
adie:green fixed quote
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: PlusComUK

Learning from experience, I never use my correct phone number, nor postcode
Just made up ones nearby.

I always use my local taxi firms number... for insurance, banks, everything...  lol
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Devonian
This is an age old fight that tbh I have no passion for fighting.
However I will say it is not as clean cut as you may suggest.

It's completely clean cut.  We set the billing date of your account at the point when your first service activates.  On your billing date, we let you know we've generated an invoice and let you know you have 7 days to pay.  If you have a credit card, we'll take that payment there and then.  If you are paying by DD, we'll submit the request over the next few days. 
If we don't see a payment back, at key points we'll redirect you asking for payment, until eventually making it a hard redirect, forcing you to pay it, or contact us. 
Put either a credit card, or a DD on the account and you'll never see the redirects.  If you don't, you'll need to arrange to pay separately, but we'll use our redirects to remind you.
I don't get the fuss tbh!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager