Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving unfortunately.

dsw
Grafter

Re: Leaving unfortunately.

We notified customers of the price increase via email

I haven't had the email yet. Can you advise?
Edit: Can see it in my account looking at closed issues. #142933504
kitkat
Grafter

Hi Devonian. I had a very persistant female come to my door out of the blue, the other day from Talk Talk. She said that I could get free internet from Talk Talk. She wanted into my home to "check" if my line was suitable. I told her I was not interest but she kept insisting to come in, "just"to make sure I could get it if I changed my mind. I don,t want to be rude to anyone but I was so exasperated by her persistance and she would not take no for an answer. I flipped and told her to get off my property and not to come back. This alone has put me off talk talk. But the main reason I am replying Devonian is to ask you if you have been offerd the free internet with the Talk Talk package?  Smiley
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
Quote from: Devonian
This is an age old fight that tbh I have no passion for fighting.
However I will say it is not as clean cut as you may suggest.

It's completely clean cut.  We set the billing date of your account at the point when your first service activates.  On your billing date, we let you know we've generated an invoice and let you know you have 7 days to pay.  If you have a credit card, we'll take that payment there and then.   If you are paying by DD, we'll submit the request over the next few days.   
If we don't see a payment back, at key points we'll redirect you asking for payment, until eventually making it a hard redirect, forcing you to pay it, or contact us.   
Put either a credit card, or a DD on the account and you'll never see the redirects.  If you don't, you'll need to arrange to pay separately, but we'll use our redirects to remind you.
I don't get the fuss tbh!

But that isn't the case.
PlusNet threaten to disconnect my service before I have even received the invoice, I am then emailed and text every single day, threatening to disconnect me unless I pay up.
If you don't see a problem with that, then that speaks volumes.
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: kitkat
Hi Devonian. I had a very persistant female come to my door out of the blue, the other day from Talk Talk. She said that I could get free internet from Talk Talk. She wanted into my home to "check" if my line was suitable. I told her I was not interest but she kept insisting to come in, "just"to make sure I could get it if I changed my mind. I don,t want to be rude to anyone but I was so exasperated by her persistance and she would not take no for an answer. I flipped and told her to get off my property and not to come back. This alone has put me off talk talk. But the main reason I am replying Devonian is to ask you if you have been offerd the free internet with the Talk Talk package?  Smiley

That sounds awful, but its a tactic used by al sorts of sales men.
I phoned talk talk, explained the package I have now and what I'm paying, they offer a compairable package with unlimited broadband plus free YouView box and subscription, plus the entertainment channel package at half price for 6 months.
So I have the same bill, but a better package, plus half price sky channels.
I'm very happy with that.
Now lets see how migration happens compaired with the PlusNet fiasco I suffered..
I'll dig the thread out if I can find it.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96028.msg809344.html#msg809344
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I find it very odd that someone would apparently accept a penalty charge of £24 a year for not using Direct Debit. Do you not use Direct Debit for anything? I have several going out each month and have never had a problem - you on the other hand appear to be wasting money - if you don't mind me saying.
ctech500
Grafter

Hi There
If your leaving PN to go to Talk Talk then that would be unfortunate. There's plenty of reasons why plastered around the net so I wont  comment on that.
As for unlimited broadband. from what  I see  those who advertise it never seem to mention un throttled ( I wonder Why?)
Devonian
Grafter

The copy of the contract I received through the post says talktalk only throttle peer to peer usage during peek times.
I also know a few people who are talktalk customers that are very happy with them.
dick:quote
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: drj
I find it very odd that someone would apparently accept a penalty charge of £24 a year for not using Direct Debit. Do you not use Direct Debit for anything? I have several going out each month and have never had a problem - you on the other hand appear to be wasting money - if you don't mind me saying.

Then you are very lucky.
PlusNet took my very first direct debit payment early, and for the wrong amount, that is why I deleted the details.
I have also only been charged the non DD fee once... I have to say though, this DD fee is disgusting, I dont care how many companies charge it, it's bang out of order.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Seems legitimate to me - there's more processing involved with alternative payment methods.
Devonian
Grafter

Not at all.
It's all done automatically with no human intervention.
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear that you're leaving Devonian especially after the issues last year.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

Well it seem's I'm coming back with my tail between my legs!!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

welcome back Smiley
may we inquire as to what happened?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Charging him £500 in respect of last November for having the temerity to be using Plusnet and not their service and then blocking his service when he refused to pay sounds a pretty good reason to me!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)