cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving due to RUBBISH Yorkshire service

flyerdave
Dabbler

Leaving due to RUBBISH Yorkshire service

I have been with Plusnet for about three years and their service has become worse and worse. I have had 3 routers from them and made numerous tests on their fault system but just lately they have exceeded in their attempt to provide the worse internet service possible as my connection now drops about 12 times a day.
Their search heading says "Plusnet | Fast, cheap, reliable Broadband and Phone packages", which is nothing but a lie. They should be fined for false advertising!
My advise get rid of this BT and  Yorkshire useless rubbish.
42 REPLIES 42
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Leaving due to RUBBISH Yorkshire service

Ouch.
Ok, something is definitely wrong here.  You shouldn't have been given 2 replacement routers.  If your line is dropping, it's far more likely to be a wiring fault in your house, dodgy microfilters or a fault on your line!
Let's try and get this sorted!
This image definitely shows you have a problem:

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As Kelly says, something is definitely wrong. From the last fault you raised it looked like we were ready to send an engineer if you told us the problem was continuing. If you can run through the questions at faults.plus.net I'll get someone to pick it up and get an engineer booked for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
flyerdave
Dabbler

I have checked out the line with BT (more times than I care to remember) and they say nothing is wrong with it.
I have carried out all the tests plusnet recommends time and time again until I am blue in the face!
I have even replaced the BT box into the house and still it bombs out on me.
I have removed all other extensions and telephones but the issue is unresolved.
i am extremely fed up with the service from BT Plusnet. 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I have checked out the line with BT (more times than I care to remember) and they say nothing is wrong with it.

BT can only test the voice part of the line, if it's a fault with the broadband then they won't see it.
I have carried out all the tests plusnet recommends time and time again until I am blue in the face!

I'm not asking you to do the tests again, I can see you've done them. If you go through the fault checker just answering the questions we'll take it from there.

It's very likely the the fault is external to your premises, so an engineer is needed to test from your house back to the exchange. Without this the fault is likely to continue and very likely to move to another ISP as they'll be using the same copper wire as we do.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
flyerdave
Dabbler

Had enough - my line just went down again - I want my MAC code so I can get out of this RUBBISH useless company.
Devonian
Grafter

PlusNet have offered via this thread to help, and send an engineer, but you don't seem to be cooperating at all, I don't get it!
dick:quote
kdoug007
Grafter

just  read this post and im sorry  to read this..
However in PN  defence.. i  am with PN now  for  several months and  find the  broadband  fantastic
and the  router,,  the  wi-fi expecially  is  so good,,
flyerdave
Dabbler

I have been with plusnet for over three years and two of those years have been nothing but problems.
3 routers, all supplied by Plusnet, I have done numerous tests and at least on one occasion the BT engineer has come out to sort the problem. My line still goes down so it has to be Plusnet that is the problem. I have forgotten the number of times I have completed their useless testing and been told that it is BT's fault.
I have been in touch with BT today and they have confirmed that there is no fault on my line, that it is Plusnet.
Are you aware that Plusnet is owned by BT? They are just passing the buck due to the appalling and constant bad service that is offered. 
Some days my line may only go down a few times, but lately it has been dropping 12 times a day.
I have had enough and I want out of this wretched company.
Devonian
Grafter

How can BT possibly know there is no fault?
That is impossible.
All BT are doing is trying to get a new sale.
flyerdave
Dabbler

Devonian did you read what I said
PLUSNET IS OWNED BY BT!
Devonian
Grafter

Yes, but both companies are operated separately.
BT can't just pop into the PlusNet office and have a shifty through your files.
It is IMPOSSIBLE for BT to know if you have a faulty line or not, unless you are a customer of theirs.  Hell, BT can't even diagnose problems for their own customers!
flyerdave
Dabbler

I am sending plusnet the following letter tomorrow morning.
Plusnet
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU

15th August 2013
Dear Sirs,
I am totally fed up with your rotten lies and evil excuses about the poor quality of internet service you have provided me with over the past two years.
I have therefore decided that the time has now come to leave your company and go elsewhere.
I demand that you supply me with a MAC code within the next 7 days with out any further excuses. This can be sent to my email address at (blanked out).
You will note that I am sending a copy of this letter to the Ombudsman Services, The Brew House, Wilderspool Park, Greenall's Avenue, Warrington, WA4 6HL
I do hope that you will promptly reply with my MAC code so this matter does not have to go any further.
Yours faithfully
We will see how long it takes Plusnet to give me my MAC Code.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

flyerdave,
I don't see what the problem is - Have you raised the fault again yet?
Plusnet fault's team are one of the best (if not the best) there is. There is so much knowledge in that department it's unreal.
If you can't be bothered to raise a fault for them to look at it, then I think it's a bad job.
You complain of rubbish service, you get offered help, you pretty much ignored it up to now.
If you're in a contract you'll be liable for the fees.
All it takes is a few minutes of your time to run through the http://faults.plus.net system and then Chris has kindly said he will get it sorted out for you.
Just my 2 cents,
Cheers,
Matt
flyerdave
Dabbler

Quote from: Mattz0r
flyerdave,
If you can't be bothered to raise a fault for them to look at it, then I think it's a bad job.
Matt

Matt, I have raised a fault many times over the past two years and I am no further forward so I have lost my patience with Plusnet and I now want out. My contract was for 12 months which ended sometime ago.