cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet

badharry
Dabbler

Leaving Plusnet

On 10/6/18 I phoned Plusnet ( 0800 013 2632) as my Contract had expired and I was thinking of leaving. Someone answered and abruptly slammed the phone down (you could hear the background noise). I attempted to phone again and lo and behold the same thing happened. My third attempt was successful... I finally made contact! I tried to explain that I was thinking of leaving but was unable to speak or finish, as the person on the other end kept interrupting and not allowing me to speak at all. I asked politely if they could just stop for one minute and allow me to speak. His manner was fairly abrupt to say the least.

In a nutshell it took me less than a minute to decide that I was leaving Plusnet.

So Plusnet, instead of bombarding your customers with warnings that you could be paying this and that should you leave (it's almost threatening) try listening to your customer and work out a deal if possible without the abrupt behaviour and don't care attitude. All you have achieved with me is....Im glad Im going !

14 REPLIES 14
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Leaving Plusnet

You must be very unlucky, as I have never had a problem with the retentions team. Always found them helpful.

badharry
Dabbler

Unlucky or not, no-one should have to put up with this sort of behaviour.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

When I phoned to say I was thinking of leaving, all I got was a more or less, o.k., I'll  remove any discounts and close your account! No attempt whatsoever at retention.

Maybe I'd been a customer for too long.Undecided

"You must be very unlucky, as I have never had a problem with the retentions team. Always found them helpful." That's a bit like telling someone with constipation that you had a fantastic bowel movement this morning.Cool_smiley

badharry
Dabbler

@newagetraveller wrote:

"You must be very unlucky, as I have never had a problem with the retentions team. Always found them helpful." That's a bit like telling someone with constipation that you had a fantastic bowel movement this morning.Cool_smiley

Just what I was thinking......you said it for me Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to hear this.

We'll listen to the calls you've had and we'll make sure feedback is passed on where appropriate.

In the interim, can we arrange a call back to discuss a new deal?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
badharry
Dabbler

Thank you but no. 

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Why bother to tell people you have constipation then anyway. Grin

You are saying you had bad service, I am saying always had great service. Laugh

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@newagetraveller wrote:That's a bit like telling someone with constipation that you had a fantastic bowel movement this morning.Cool_smiley

Loving the ANALogy Grin

badharry
Dabbler

I wanted to take this opportunity to turn all this negativity into something positive. So whatever bad personal experience I encountered I'm also a great believer in going forward, something I do not think I could possibly have achieved without Anoush Mortazavi's help. This guy is a credit to Plusnet. Not only does he listen, he acts. Im not talking about right or wrong, just about a person who has the time to help and support you. Im still leaving Plusnet but I am grateful for the support I got from Anoush. So once again Thank you Anoush and I hope Plusnet are listening, because they can learn so much from you.

Many Thanks

Johnny

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Time this cap in hand way of asking for a fair deal was dumped in the bin where it belongs.

If offers for existing customers have to be different then lets see them clearly on plusnets website.

Of course then plusnets competitors would also be able to see them. Great ammunition for those offering same deals for new and existing customers to quote and laugh at.

But that should be plusnets problem not their hoop jumping on hold music listening customers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems at all Johnny.

Thanks a lot for your kind words and for taking the time to post back. Much appreciated.

All the best with your new provider and I hope you choose to return at some point in the future.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Maybe its the "I'm thinking of leaving" gambit that is not the best way to start negotiations.

I would second 's proposal. Plusnet should provide deals for existing customers.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Plusnet do,offer deals to existing customers, they're just not as good as those for new ones. To get the best deal anywhere these days you have to do your research and haggle. I did try it once at the Tesco checkout counter without auccess. It's grossly unfair to a section of the community, mainly older people who believe that old fashioned blind loyalty will be rewarded so I try to talk to as many of this generation as I can and advise accordingly

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

If offers for existing customers have to be different then lets see them clearly on plusnets website.

Which is much like what EE does - last time I looked, their charges for existing users was £2 less than that for new users.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.