cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving PlusNet after 3 years

Markagm
Dabbler

Leaving PlusNet after 3 years

I've never had problems with service with them until about 6 months ago. Then the speed was getting worse and disconnections were common, to point it was quicker to use 4G on phone than broadband. Calling up resulted in anything from 30 - 55 min waits to speak to someone. Firstly I was told the issues were due to the modem they provide and to buy a new one to see if it helps. Second problem was a fault on line which took 6 working days to get fixed. So I decided to call to leave, as I'm now out of contract and deals elsewhere will save me £15pm. Spoke to someone to get my Migration Access Code and was told they aren't needed anymore and you just sign up with a new provider and they will do the job. Was offered no deal to stay, basically my monthly contract price was actually going to go up by £5. So even though, the service has been relatively good for the 3 years I'm now off,as no point staying for more.
20 REPLIES 20
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Leaving PlusNet after 3 years

it's correct that you don't need anything, you just do it via your new provider.
also, were you wanting a new deal or were you just wantint to cancel? if you were wanting just to cancel then why even mention that you got no offer a new deal?
Markagm
Dabbler

I would have been open to staying if the price was right, however the advisor I spoke to said they don't do retention deals. So instead of paying £5pm more than what was paying by staying, I can now switch and save £15pm.

chenks76
All Star

maybe they just weren't interested in retaining you.
maybe your account was already on the brink of not being profittable, so easier to let you go than turn your account into loss making.
Markagm
Dabbler

Either way it's their loss and my gain. They'll lose £630 for loss of my contract and I'll save £430 by switching elsewhere.

chenks76
All Star

you'd be an idiot to stay then.
and you leaving is all other plusnet cusomters gain, as it's one less person on the network.
win for everyone!
qed
Hooked

more fool you if you think people like us leaving Plusnet is a gain for the rest of you.

chenks76
All Star

as i said, the less people on an already congested network the better.
and who exactly are "people like us" ?
qed
Hooked

People who aint shills Smiley

chenks76
All Star

it shows you've only been here for 2 hours if you've come to that conclusion.
qed
Hooked

It's so obvious that even a blind man could see it.

loades
Dabbler

I've been here for days, not hours!  However, I doubt my conclusion that chenks76 thinks he's always right and everyone else is wrong would change if I'd been here here for months or years.  Confrontational would be the best single word to describe him/her.  As a PN customer I don't think he does the company any favours, as opposed to the PN staffer Annoush who is the politest and most helpful person I've seen here.  

chenks76
All Star

Well I can't be a both a shill and not doing the company favours.

So which one is it.
Although suspect @qed doesn't really understand what a shill is.
Why would a shill be happy with people leaving....duh.
A still would be talking up the company at all times, which clearly i don't do.

I never understand the point of these "I'm leaving" posts. If you're going then just go. You don't need to fanfare it. And what are the expectation of such threads? Are you wanting everyone to beg you to stay?

Just go if you're going.
loades
Dabbler

" If you're going then just go. You don't need to fanfare it. And what are the expectation of such threads? Are you wanting everyone to beg you to stay?"

What's the point of a feedback forum if it's not to feedback the bad as well as the good?  If it's bad and people are saying why they're leaving you'd prefer that not to be said?  Referring to my own post in which I mentioned I was leaving you argued with every word I wrote, yet Annoush was extremely polite, checked on what I'd written and confirmed things.  That's the type of response which brings people back if later they discover the grass is not greener on the other side.  However, your confrontational/argumentative/sarcastic responses do the complete reverse.  You're not a staffer (I believe?) so can say whatever you like.  I hope everyone realises this and makes their judgement of PN on what the staffers say, not enthusiastic amateurs.

chenks76
All Star

there was no argument from me, i agreed that it was the best for you to go elsewhere as the price difference was large.

i confirmed to you that a MAC code was not required.
and i questioned why you appeared to be miffed that you got no offer of a deal to stay.
that's not an argument.