cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest survey

MysteryFCM
Grafter

Latest survey

Just got a survey after calling in yesterday morning, and noticed an issue with it.
It asked if the advisor resolved my problem, and I selected "no" because the problem sorted itself out whilst I was on the phone to him. However, because the survey didn't ask why I said no, it could be inferred that it is because the advisor did something wrong, when this wasn't the case.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Latest survey

I have given up on the surveys, after possible leakage of email address by outside companies, used only once !
I much prefer to praise the advisor, at the end of a resolved issue, and do the same before closing a ticket, much more personal that way, and I know that the advisor gets a personal thank you. For any company I deal with.
Personally, I would like to not be continually pestered by the request for a survey, apparently they cannot be stopped.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Haven't had one for a while, but IIRC these Plusnet ones do not ask for your email address.
The only relevant information that is needed is your username and again IIRC you are not asked for it, it is "encoded" somewhere directly related to the survey link.
PS. You should not disclose your username in a public forum or location. I've seen a few of these lately that have had to have been removed by mods.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The surveys are sent to your email address, and the link you click on is from your email address, even though it is not asked for.
I setup up a brand new email address in order to join Plusnet.
After answering the first survey, I immediately received loads of spam to this brand new, once used email address.
May have been co-incidence, but thereafter I do not trust the survey link.
All my other email addresses rarely receive spam, perhaps one a month, total.
After ignoring all the new spam, and raising the point with PlusNet, it stopped after a couple of weeks.
(Trashed old) Email from Plusnet contained...
[This feedback request email has been sent from an automated system as
a result of a recent contact with the Plusnet Customer Support Centre.
Please accept our apologies if you have received the email in error.]
At Plusnet, we very much value the opinions of our customers and would love to hear about your recent experience with our Customer Support Centre.
The survey can be found via the link below, and should take no more than a few minutes to complete.  
http://www.plus.net/survey_voice
In anticipation, I would like to thank you for taking the time in helping us to build a world class Customer Support Centre.

and...
The first question asked is

Just my personal experience.

I am not suggesting that Plusnet passed on my email address, perhaps it was somehow harvested from the survey link / site, run by a third party.
I have since used that initial email address for other purposes, and with other large trusted companies, and not had a single spam .
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well thanks for that, I did say I haven't had one for a while BUT they've obviously changed the Format because I've never had one like that.
I think you may have been unlucky with the spam, I've not had that issue as a result of completing previous PN surveys.
You can of course create a separate mailbox on your Plusnet account or elsewhere and specify that in the page for your communication preferences. That way, should you be unlucky for that address to get compromised, you can dump it and use another. All separate from your "regular" email address(es) of course.
In response to the OP, perhaps would have been better to say "Yes" and put some further comment in the relevant box (if it's still provided!).
James
Grafter

Regarding the OP.
We send out surveys to every customer that calls our CS/Tech lines that we identify and have not been a survey sent out in the last month.**
We don't pay particular note to the did we resolve the query answer on a per customer level, but we do as an overall measure.  We take feedback comments where the customer has rated their overall experience as very or extremely dissatisfied - and trust me, I read *every* single one of these.
From the emails point of view, we use a company called Zoomerang for the survey generation, who are under extremely strict data security legislation.  they're based in the States, which I imagine may be even more strict than it is over here, so I'd venture that it was coincidental, but I am sorry for your seeing an increase in unwanted email.
** There are also some tickets, faults & provisioning, etc surveys we send out, that rule is just for CS/Tech.
Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick Google search found, as an example, this Sheffield based Online Survey Company
http://www.clarityuk.net/
"Online survey company based in London and Yorkshire, delivering online client surveys, customer surveys and staff satisfaction surveys. Also providing online ..."
Much better than sending data down a very long line to America, home to Hotmail, hackers etc.
213 Derbyshire Lane, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S8 8SA

Not far from Plusnet !
The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU

Both just off the A61.
(Just a suggestion !)
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what worries me about offshore, especially US companies.
Just one example from today.....
"Nasa and the U.S. military are among high-profile victims of a new group of hackers, calling themselves 'The Unknowns'.
The group, who professes to use its hacking abilities as a force of good, contacted a range of security-conscious firms and revealed a list of passwords and sensitive documents that they had plundered."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2139649/The-Unknowns-hackers-steal-codes-Nasa-US-military-Jo...
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=PlusComUK]This is what worries me about offshore, especially US companies.
Don't worry, the Americans already have all the personal information about every UK citizen from the ultimate survey - the UK Census 2011 !
If you remember, there were protests about Lockheed Martin being awarded the contract to process the Census data.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/feb/19/census-boycott-lockheed-martin
followed weeks after the Census by the claim by the LulzSec hacking group -
[quote=LulzSec]Greetings Internets,
We have blissfully obtained records of every single citizen who gave their records to the security-illiterate UK government for the 2011 census  We're keeping them under lock and key though... so don't worry about your privacy (...until we finish re-formatting them for release)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/21/uk_census_lost/
http://www.channel4.com/news/claims-lulzsec-hackers-have-obtained-uk-census